Chapter 25

Elizabeth's POV

It was silent as we rode the train. It was still dark outside and on the train were only a few people. I looked at Blake who had his head in his hands. I wanted to comfort him and tell him that everything is going to be alright.

But I can't say something that might not be even true.

After we played with those fireworks, we went to our rooms and packed everything for the trip back. In the middle of the night, Blake got a phone call from his mother. It was about his father.

He immediately insisted to go back now so I told the others that we both are going ahead.

They didn't knew anything about his father but they already could guess. Everyone are worried about him.

Now we are here sitting in an almost empty train while riding for another 1 and a half hour.

Seeing Blake like this makes me sad. We had so much fun in the beach and now he get to know this...I really wish I could do something...

*****

We arrived back in Florida and the sun was slowly showing. We went straight to the hospital.

Blake didn't even said a word to me yet. I don't blame him at all but it hurts...

We went to a room which name tag beside the door said 'Jackson Anderson'. We slowly opened it and Blake was the first one who went in followed by me.

My eyes immediately landed on the man on the bed sleeping. His body was connected to some machines...it kinda remember me of my time in hospital.

Beside the bed I saw Sandra, Blake's mom, holding her husbands hand. Her head snapped to us and I saw tears streaming out of her eyes. Emily was silently asleep on the couch but I could see that even she cried.

Sandra run up to Blake hugging while she cried on his shoulder.

Blake was shaking telling me that he was also crying.
I felt out of place so I decided to let them some time for themselves. I went out and decided to give a visit to Dr. Reyenes. As far as I know she should be working right now.

I knocked at her door and I heard a faint 'come in'. I went in and saw her sitting on her table. She looked at me rather in surprise.

"Elizabeth, I thought you were only coming tomorrow?" she asked.

"A problem came up so I came back earlier with someone. I thought I should come and visit." I said.

"That's nice of you. How have you been?" she asked.

I sighed.

"To be honest...not so good. I've been getting attacks in the night and I getting tired rather earlier than before. The pain I get is getting stronger everytime I get it and the medicine doesn't help that much anymore..." I said and looked at my fingers.

"I understand. Please take off your top first. I need to check you now." she said.

I nodded and started to undress.

Like always, she did every check on me. As she saw my results she sighed heavily.

"I have to call your parents, Elizabeth. They need to know about this." she said a bit sad.

I didn't question and only nodded.

"Please excuse me for a moment. I have to speak with someone." I said before I left the room and went back to Blake.

He was now sitting on the other side of the bed while watching his dad.

"Hey." he said.

"Hey. How are you feeling?" I asked concerned.