Draco x Reader ~ Slughorns Christmas party

Requested by: LunaeWoods!

I hope you enjoy!

(That up there is the dress you're wearing by the way)

-

You sighed and straightened your dress before walking into Slughorns Christmas party. You didn't even know whether or not it was the best idea to go alone. You could have gone with your best friend Draco, but he said he had something important to do.

You sighed and looked around. Neville was walking around, handing out drinks. Ron was with Lavender, Harry with Luna... that was a surprise... and Hermione with Cormac McLaggen. The rest wasn't really interesting.

'Ah! Miss Y/L... so good to you see you.'

You turned around and smiled at Professor Slughorn.

'Thank you for inviting me.' You smiled.

'No problem! So, who did you bring on the fine evening?' He asked.

'Well... I brought myself... I wanted to take someone but he had to do something more important but if he had time to spare, he'd come. So I didn't ask anyone else.'

'Oh... eh... I see. Well, try to enjoy!'

'I will.' You smiled.

You walked through the room and Neville approached you.

'You want anything?'

'Hell yes.' You sighed before taking a drink. 'Thanks Longbottom.' You smiled.

You took a sip from your drink and sighed. You looked at the people gathered in little groups, talking or dancing.

'Where's your date?' Neville asked.

'I don't have one. Draco is busy and I didn't want to go with anyone else.'

'Really? Draco... I thought you guys were... you know... just friends.'

'We are just friends.'

Unfortunately, you said in your head. Draco had been such a big part of your life because you were from the same kind of families. It was always the two of you... best friends. But since a year or two, things felt different. He felt different to you. You sometimes couldn't stop thinking about him. Neville was gone and you sighed. You saw Snape looking around.

Then the doors were slammed and you heard a rather formilliar voice. Growling in protest.

'Get your hands of me you filthy squid.'

Draco, wearing his beautiful classy suit was brought into the room by professor Filch.

'Professor Slughorn...' He started.

You stepped forwards and Draco looked at you. You shook your head with a sigh.

'I just discovered this boy lurking in a upstairs corridor. He claims to have been invited to this party.'

'Okay, okay, I was gatecrashing.' He spoke before pulling his shoulder from Filch his grib. 'Happy?'

You sighed... time to get him out of this mess. You stepped forwards.

'Draco, why are lying? I already told professor Slughorn that I was waiting for you.' You said.

Draco looked at you.

'I don't trust it.' Filch spoke.

'Please professor, hand me back my date.' You spoke while offering Draco your hand.