Crayola Colors

“What do you think about red?” Sara asked, pouring over one of those wedding magazines.

                I shrugged, “You don’t really like red.” I was sitting behind her on our bed, not really looking at the magazine in her hand, but instead focusing on the way her hair fell. It was perfect without her even trying to make it perfect.

                “It’s a good color though; it doesn’t have to be my favorite to be a good color. Look at these napkins.” She held the picture out to me and I admired them quietly.

                We’d been engaged three weeks now, and now that we’d finally stopped constantly having sex about it, she was starting to plan it. It started about three days ago when she came home with all sorts of magazines and books, and I’d been amused by the whole thing, telling her we had a little time before she went bridezilla on me. But then she told me she wanted a March wedding, God know why, but she did, so we didn’t really have much time at all to plan it.

                I was lucky she wasn’t bridezilla, and also lucky that so far I found the whole process fun. We hadn’t made a single decision yet, except location that it, well, location for the ceremony, not for the reception. We couldn’t exactly have the reception where we were having the ceremony because we were having it at the park. The one from our first date, where we picked up Cooper, and where we frequented for a good walk. The one with weeping willows, and where we had our first real kiss, not lust filled one, but one that happened because she cared about me. That had come easily; everything else was a little more difficult.

                “Let’s go with something else.” I said as I kissed her neck slowly, pausing here and there at those weak points, the ones that made her shiver.

                “Stop it.” She whispered breathlessly, “We have to make a decision today on color, everything else will be easier if we can do that.”

                I wasn’t sure how true that was, but I didn’t mind doing more of this. I liked it, but I was still a little on that just engaged high, and I wasn’t ready to come down yet. “Blue. You love blue. Let’s go with blue.” I whispered back as I sucked on her pulse point gently.

                “Dev.” She whimpered.

                I hummed my curiosity into her neck, trying not to smirk in victory.

                “I can’t focus with you doing this.” She leaned back into me, probably unable to help herself.

                “Then stop focusing.” I nipped at the place where he neck met her shoulder.

                “One decision and we can take a break.” She was trying to convince herself more than me at this point, but we were going to be married in a few months, so I couldn’t really say no. This must have been the shortest amount of time to plan a wedding ever.

                I pulled away, and tightened my arms around her waist. “Okay, what decisions do you want to make before I whisk you away on the most glorious break ever?”

                She took a deep breath, mostly to steady herself I think, before she spoke. “Colors.”

                “Blue.” I answered without hesitation.

                “Blue?”

                “It’s your favorite color.”