The Depression of Annabelle Fury

*Trigger warning: Depression
Also I really like this song I know it's about heartbreak and I really like it with this part*

*************************************

After the traumatizing mission Annabelle was never the same after that. She isolated herself from her family and Randal. Fury and Coulson told him that Annabelle got jumped and it was life or death situation. In a way it wasn't a complete lie. Most of the day's Annabelle lays in her room with the blinds closed and her buried underneath the covers. She barely eats and they're sure she barely sleeps as well. Everyone has tried to talk to her, but she won't say anything or just tell them to leave.

It's been about a month and Fury tries one last time to see if he can break through to her. Fury knocks on her door and opens it.

"Annabelle...it's me baby girl." Fury said. She doesn't respond. "Annabelle can you at least look at me?" He asked. Annabelle turns over towards her father but doesn't look directly at him.  "We can't help you unless you talk to us. I know this seems bad-

"Bad?" She questioned.

"Do you feel bad about what happened? I need you to talk to me Annabelle." Fury pleaded.

"I feel...scared and afraid and numb all at the same time. What happened-that...that wasn't me." Fury walks up to her and sits beside her bed.

"Like you blacked out?" He asked.

"...in a way I knew what was happening, but I wasn't in control. I don't know." Annabelle cried softly. Fury rubs her arm for comfort.

"You'll be okay Annabelle, come here, give me a hug." Annabelle glances over her shoulder and sits up. Fury pulls her into his arms and rubs her back. She starts to cry. "It's okay Annabelle, you'll be okay. You've been through worse you'll get through this."

"I thought weren't going to make it. I knew it was life or death, but I didn't want to kill him or whatever he was." She cried.

"I know baby, I know you're okay. I'm just glad that you're safe." Fury tries to hold back his tears.

"I don't want to go back to S.H.E.I.L.D, I'm not ready to go back yet." She continued to cry.

"I know, I've dismissed you from any further missions. I want you to take a break, you come back when you're ready. Coulson and I won't force you do anything while you take some time off." Annabelle sniffles then rubs her eyes. Fury rubs her back.

"I know I'm not the best at this bedside manner thing, but I'm always here to listen and whatever it is you need me to do."

"I know."

"If you need help I'll do my best to whatever it is you need me or your uncle to do." Annabelle nods her head as tears roll down her face.

"How about later for dinner I make my famous Fury Spice Pasta?" He asked.

"...ok." Fury continues to hold his crying daughter in his arms. He kisses her on her head and hold her close.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A few weeks go by and Fury is called into S.H.I.E.L.D, Fury said no and that he had personal matters to attend to. The Counsel wasn't taking no for an answer so Coulson tells Fury to go ahead while he stays with Annabelle. Fury tells Coulson to make sure she's okay and to keep him updated if anything happens.

Coulson walks up to Annabelle's room with a tray of waffles and a glass of milk. He knocks on her door.

"Annabelle...I have some breakfast for you." Coulson announced. There's no answer on the other side. "Okay I'm coming in." Coulson twists the knob and slowly opens the door. He pokes his head through and doesn't see Annabelle in her bed. The sheets are all over the place and her room is a mess with clothes all over the floor. Coulson steps in and looks around the room.