Reckless Flying

This will be a songfic based on the song Weak by AJR. It will also be in first person cause I forgot to do it in second person.

~~~~~~~~~

No thank you, is what I should've said, I should be in bed.

"I've been out for hours! I can't keep going!" I protested to Queenie with a giggle, knowing she'd win me over no matter how much I tried to deny her charms.

"Oh, please, (Y/N)! I know you're going to say yes anyways but this would be so much easier if you just agreed now," she pleaded with me.

My shoes clacked on the sidewalk as I strutted down the street, and as if to prove my own resilience against her charms I didn't stop to talk to her. "No, I've got to go home. Last time was fun but I just can't do it again," I claimed.

But temptations of trouble on my tongue- trouble's yet to come.

"Don't act like you don't love it," Queenie purred, no doubt peeking on my thoughts. "The rush of wind in your hair. The city lights gleaming below you like stars. The noise from all those people just being... wild,"

I stopped walking. Rolled my eyes. Turned on my heel and pointed my index finger straight at her.

"You better make this the greatest night of my life,"

One sip: bad for me. One hit: bad for me. One kiss: bad for me, but I give in so easily.

Queenie giggled and took my hand. "C'mon!" She tugged me the opposite way along the sidewalk. "They're not far from here,"

"You planned this!" I exclaimed, struggling to keep up with Queenie's sudden burst of energy.

"Maybe," Queenie grinned. "Hurry up, there's someone new I want you to meet!"

And no thank you is how it should've gone, I should stay strong.

Queenie pulled me into an alleyway. "Ready?" She asked.

"The normal place?" You questioned.

"Of course," she replied.

My eyes fluttered shut and I focused on one thing: a dirty rooftop, high above the glittering city of New York, covered in fallen broomsticks and crowded with people smoking cigars, taking swigs of alcohol, and trying to impress the other party-goers with complicated spells.

With a gunshot-like pop, Queenie and I apparated out of thin air and to the gritty rooftop.

When my eyes opened once more, we were on the edge of the roof platform, wind pushing at us so hard I thought we might topple off and into the dark oblivion below. I shivered and stepped away, deciding to make my way to a group of people clustered at the other end of the rooftop.

"How's it goin'?" Queenie hollered at them from behind me. Collectively, they all turned their heads toward us. All was silent for a painstaking moment before they started laughing and shouting and getting up to come greet us. A smile fixed itself upon my features and I ran my fingers through my hair, letting the harsh wind fuel me like it was adrenaline.

The mob reached us faster than I thought was possible and engulfed us in some type of massive group hug, everyone slapping our backs and saying, "Welcome back, welcome back," and, "Have a beer, take a cigarette! Enjoy yourselves!"

"Who's ready to fly?!" I shouted into the crowd, the excitement of the people overtaking my own emotions. The roar that reached me ears in agreement almost made me go deaf. I laughed, and turned to look for a broom.

But I'm weak.

And then I saw him.

And what's wrong with that?

I didn't even care about what he looked like. I didn't even register the fact that he was good looking, with sandy hair and kaleidoscope eyes. He was simply there, and I couldn't help but feel a connection instantaneously, despite not even having said hello.

Boy oh boy I love you when I fall for that.

He held himself in an awkward manner, not unlike myself, and he looked slightly uncomfortable- but he had an adventurous gleam in his eye that conveyed his inner nature.

I'm weak. And what's wrong with that?

And then he turned, and his eyes met mine. I could tell he felt what I did; The chills tickling my spine, the butterflies that were practically tearing my stomach apart, the hairs on my arms that were standing straight up. The electricity that seemed to make my body hum.

Boy oh boy I love you when I fall for that.

That one moment was making me believe in love at first sight.

"Queenie," I  whispered, not taking my eyes off of the stranger. "There's someone new here,"

"I told you I wanted you to meet someone. Where is he?" Queenie inquired, following my gaze towards the sandy-haired stranger. A grin climbed onto her face and she put a hand on my shoulder.

"Why don't you go introduce yourself?" She smiled. I begrudgingly removed my eyes from the man to give Queenie a scolding scowl.

"That's just a dandy idea," I rolled my eyes. "I won't mess that up at all!"

"You're a wonderful person, (Y/N)! Go over! I can see you have a connection," Queenie wiggled her eyebrows, gently pushing me towards the stranger.

I'm weak.

My sights locked with the stranger's again. My toes tingled with the longing to walk over. "I guess it couldn't hurt..." I mumbled, and then as if my feet had minds of their own, I found myself gliding over to the stranger.

My feet planted themselves in front of the stranger and suddenly my situation was terrifyingly real. I was there, it was happening.

"Hello, I'm Newt,"

And then everything was okay.

I'm weak.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so sorry I haven't updated for so long!! I just kinda lost my motivation for a while, and I was doing some writing contests. Hopefully I am back for good now and will be updating more regularly. I appreciate that none of you guys pestered me during that time though. You guys really are the best!!!

Speaking of y'all being the best, we've got almost 35 thousand views on this story. That. Is. Amazing. Seriously. Thank you.

I know this isn't the best too, but bear with me. I just got over my writer's block.

Also, I will get to all of your requests soon. I was absolutely blown away by how many I got!!

Anyways, don't forget to vote Newt Scamander One Shots by @merrychristmooose in the 2017 Fanfiction Awards! And don't forget to vote and comment!