Chapter 16 - Will you

In the end, Ilya and me kissed and hugged each other for a long time, but we didn't go further than that.

I also gained the chance to look at my scar.
It covered the entire middle of my chest, but also the middle of my back.

Next time I see Sinctar, I'll have to thank him for healing me this fast.

"Ilya", I said while stroking Ilya's hair.

"Nnn~", she hummed. Her eyes were closed as she laid with her head on my chest. Seems like she doesn't mind my scar too much. Fortunately.

I looked up to the ceiling of the cave that was invisible due to the clouds and mist in the air.

"Wanna go see what the outside world looks like?"

Her eyes, filled with enthousiasm, shot open and looked at me.

"Can we really go?"

"It's just one level that seperates us, you know".

Ilya remained silent for a while.
Then:
"I want to see what it looks like now".

"Let's go then", I said, and we stood up.

Even though I said we'd just go, it took us over 2 hours to find the exit.
We were a bit slower than usual since both Ilya and me were mentally exhausted.
Then, just as we were about to enter the staircase, I saw something shining in the corner of my eyes.
It was a small, ordinary black box with a silver lid, hidden in a crack in the wall.

I took the box, which was no bigger than the palm of my hand, and opened it, only to see two beautiful rings: a silver ring with the engravement of a wolf in it and a golden ring with ellipses engraved and a small diamond in the middle.

Recalling my memories, these looked exactly the same as the ones in the memories of the sin of wrath.

"[Divine Eye]", I muttered.

________________________________

Ring of Greed

A precious Ring made of silver, embedded with a combination of Dark and Space magic. The ring has a special connection to the {Ring Of Lust} Previously owned by the sin of Greed.

Grade: Saint

Increases all Stats by 20%

Increases the effect of Stealth to 'undetectable'

Immunity to all discovering, searching and revealing Skills and Magic

Indestructible

Once an owner is set, only the owner can wear the [Ring of Greed]

Gives Titles: [Sin of Greed]; [Shadowwalker]; [Godly Thief]

Gives Skills: [Thievery]; [Undetectable]; [Pickpocket]; [Swift Steal]; [Shadow Emerge]
___________________________________

Ring of Lust

A Ring made of a magical stone embedded with a divine diamond.
The Ring has a special connection with the {Ring of Greed}. Previously owned by the sin of Lust.

Grade: Saint

Increases all stats by 20%

Increases attraction to other people by 150%

Immunity to all mind-controlling, drug, sleep or brainwashing Skills and Magic

Indestructible

Once an owner is set, only the owner can wear the [Ring of Lust]. Owner must be female.

Gives Titles: [Sin of Lust]; [Godly Seductress]; [Artist of Love]

Gives Skills: [Seduction]; [Irrestisible Gaze]; [Night Godess]; [Lifedrain Kiss]

_____________________________________

"What is it?"

Ilya's voice took me back to reality.
Although these Rings were overpowered, I knew what to do with them.

I took the box in one hand, turned around, took Ilya's hand and got onto one knee.

"Ilya", I began,"We haven't known each other for a long time. And there are many things I don't know about you. But I do know that when you're here, I feel protected and safe. And at the same time, I have the urge to protect you and make you happy. In my entire life, I haven't met someone like you, not in this world nor in the world I came from. And I'm certain that you're the only person I'd like to share the rest of my life with. That's why...", I scraped my throat and looked Ilya straight in the eye.
Her eyes were a bit red with some tears flowing down on her cheeks, but at the same time, she was smiling more beautiful than I had ever seen her smile.

I finally asked her:
"Ilya Myroia, will you marry me?"

Ilya was having trouble not to cry, making it difficult for her to speak.
Her voice was filled with emotion.
"Yes...I will"

Her smile was extremely charming.
I put the box on the floor and took out the [Ring of Lust], and put it on Ilya's left hand.
Then Ilya took the [Ring of Greed] and put it on mine.

We both stood up and embraced each other, foreheads against each other.

"Ilya?"

"Nnnn~"

"I love you"

"I love you too"

And with those words we kissed.
The moment our lips made contact, an intense heat gathered in my chest and became red threads, connecting with the threads coming out of Ilya's chest.
The threads whirled together and slowly became one thick thread.

~Ding~
You have succesfully [Married] Ilya Myroia, [Dragon Sorceress]

~Ding~
You have received the skill [Fatherly Instincts]

~Ding~
You now share all possessions with Ilya Myroia. You can also change one another's Status Plate.

~Ding~
You have received the Titles [Married]; [Fallen Dragon Prince]

I ignored the system announcements but focused on Ilya instead.
The soft sensation of her lips, the warm feeling of hugging her, her long black hair tickling my face.
I felt extremely good and comfortable, so we kept standing for a while.

"Ilya?", I once again asked.

"Yeah~"

"We should go explore the last level"

We reluctantly let go of each other and walking really close to each other, holding hands, we went to the last level: level 100.

_____________________________________

AN: I'll try to update twice a week, but if it doesn't happen, don't be mad please.