Unintended

Unintended // Chapter Seven

It was four months later when it all went downhill a bit. It was kind of an unintended incident, really.

In the middle of September Phil sat on his sofa while Dan was trying to find his phone so he could order some food.

"You want anything?" he asked Phil who just stared at his phone. To Dan, Phil had seemed a bit irritated the whole day now, but he didn't address it. "Yeah," he mumbled and Dan furrowed his eyebrows. He sat down next to Phil, taking his hand. "Let me guess... pizza with rucola, salami and pepperonis?"

"You know me so well, you now have the right to stay with me forever," Phil said and Dan laughed quietly at his words. "Although forever with you of course isn't long enough," Phil then added sarcastically and earned a roll of his eyes from Dan.

"You fucking lasagna," he mumbled and leant in to kiss Phil gently. But Phil pulled his head away after just a few seconds and once again, Dan furrowed his eyebrows.

"Everything alright?"

"Yeah, don't worry about it," Phil mumbled but Dan could tell something was wrong.

"Phil."

The black haired man sighed and started biting his lip. Dan noticed that Phil did that whenever he needed to think or felt uncertain about something.

"It's just... I'm nervous because of that audition today. I don't know."

"Oh, Phil," Dan said quietly and wrapped his arms around Phil. He kissed his cheek and Phil sighed.

"Phil, you're goddamn talented, you know? And I know you can do this. I believe in you. We practised the script so many times, I know you'll do great. And if those casting directors are too stupid to see your talent, they don't deserve you to be in their stupid ass movie anyway."

Phil chuckled a bit and hugged Dan tighter, breathing out slowly and relaxing at the feeling of Dan's arms wrapped around his body.

"Thank you," he whispered and pulled away from Dan, trying to smile.

"You're welcome, sweetheart," Dan mumbled. Phil smiled at the nickname Dan had given him just a few days after they had officially started dating. It had started as a joke but they both got so used to it that it just kinda stuck with them.

"Anyway," Phil said when Dan smiled, "Should we order the pizza now?"

"And I know you can do this. I believe in you."

Dan's words were stuck in Phil's head, and he kept repeating them internally over and over again when he waited for the casting director to call him.

"Philip Lester?"

His heart skipped a beat. Even though he did this many times, so many times one would think he'd be used to it by now, he still couldn't help but feel the adrenaline rush through his veins.

He rose from his chair in the waiting room and made his way over to the room the audition would take place in.

"Good morning," Phil said and smiled as he walked in.