Uno

Uno // Chapter Eight

Block contact?

Dan stared at the two words on his phone screen before he eventually tapped the "Yes" button.

Contact blocked.

He threw his phone to the other side of his bed, wrapping the blankets tighter around his body.

It had been two weeks since he broke up with Phil, and Dan just couldn't get over it.

He didn't even understand what had happened. He went through it again and again in his head, but he just couldn't understand. Phil had come back from his audition and suddenly yelled at Dan, and as if that wasn't enough, he then also told him that he apparently cheated on him. For money.

Phil tried to contact him several times, he sent Dan apologies via text, telling him that what he said wasn't true, he tried to call him, he even turned up in Dan's boutique several times, but Dan would always let Pauline send him away. Phil then gave Pauline messages for him, but Dan never wanted to hear them.

Phil had also tried sending letters but Dan would have ripped them in half before he even opened them.

Phil also came to his house several times. And after two days, Dan had had enough and asked his parents if he could live with them for one week or two. He didn't want to see Phil.

Pauline had to take care of the boutique while he was gone. She couldn't work all the time, though, of course not, she was a university student after all and not able to lead a whole shop by herself. So the shop was only opened in the early afternoons which probably cost Dan some customers, but he didn't care as long as he didn't need to see Phil.

So when he heard someone knock his door and it wasn't his mum saying something like "Honey, dinner's ready," he prayed to God that he could die right now. But how would Phil even find him here?

To his surprise, it wasn't even Phil who knocked his door. Instead, a girl with dark brown hair and glasses looked at him.

"Listen, I get that you're sad and that you miss Phil and that he is a fucking asshole, but you can't just stay in here forever."

"Pauline, you don't understand-"

"Shhh, stop. That dickhead doesn't deserve you, and he definitely isn't worth feeling like that. He is an ignorant idiot, nothing else. Girl, lemme tell you, you're hot as fuck, alright? You'll find someone else who'll finally treat you right."

Dan attempted to smile a bit. "I appreciate you find me hot, but dating girls isn't really my area, so I, unfortunately, have to turn you down."

Pauline rolled her eyes. "You arrogant asshat."

"I know you love me."

Pauline sighed and smiled. "Listen, it's Chris' birthday in two days and you promised to get his cake, remember?"

Dan groaned. "Can't you get it for me?"

"Dan..." She sighed again and placed her hands on his shoulders. "You can't just hide in your parent's house forever because of some stupid prick. He didn't deserve you anyway."