Overdue

Overdue // Last Chapter

It was six in the evening when someone knocked on Dan's door.

He had planned on going out for dinner that night. That guy, Jon, asked him out a few days ago, and he said yes. Not that he really wanted to go, but well, Dodie made him.

Little did he know he would probably change his plans a little, just a few minutes later.

He didn't expect any visitors, so when he heard the knock on his door he furrowed his eyebrows.

Dan walked through the hallway, and before he could even reach the door, he heard another knock.

"Who's there?" Dan asked confusedly. The other person didn't answer at first and Dan walked closer to the door, wanting to look through the peephole. But that turned out unnecessary because the person on the other side of the door already spoke before Dan could even reach his door.

"It's... It's Phil."

Dan froze and his heart started to beat faster. He felt anger spark up inside of him. "Fuck off."

"Dan, please, just let me explain-"

"What, that you yelled at me for no reason? That you fucking cheated on me for money?"

"Dan, I'm sorry I yelled at you, but-"

"Don't waste your breath with lies you've already told, Phil."

"Please... Dan, don't be mad at me."

Dan snorted. "Why do you care all of a sudden? Didn't think you'd want to fuck anyone for free."

Phil didn't say anything for a few seconds.

"Dan, I did it because I needed the money. And I stopped doing it after we got together."

"Yeah, sure, whatever."

"Dan-"

"I just don't understand, Phil. There are other ways to get money, especially when you're in a fucking relationship. You... You could've asked me, you know. I could've helped you."

"I didn't cheat on you. I could never do that."

"Sure, Phil."

"But it's true!"

"Just leave me the fuck alone now."

"Dan-"

"Fuck off, Phil!" This time, Dan was yelling.

He couldn't hear Phil's voice for a few seconds after that and thought Phil had finally left.

Of course, he hadn't.

"I'll just stay here. You can't ignore me forever."

"Maybe not, but I can call the police, you dickhead."

"Then they will have to drag me out of here."

"Whatever, Phil."