Chapter 04:Back Door

CHAPTER 04
BACK DOOR

R A I N

We were having our dinner when we heard a few knocks resounded at the living room. Kelsey stood and looked whoever it was.

"Good evening, Kelsey. Is Rain here?" I heard Jack's friendly voice said.

"Hello Jack. I'll go call him." Kelsey said and immerged in the kitchen. "Jack's looking for you." She said.

I stood, excusing myself and walked to the living room. He must be there because he invited me to a party outside the pack lands and knowing Zach would be there. I didn't feel like going and I also didn't feel so well, but. . . I couldn't say no to Jack. Not after three years of not seeing him.

"Hey!" I greeted and he smiled. "Did you eat already? We're having dinner."

"Thanks, I already did at home." He said and dad came out from the kitchen.

"Jack! Come. We're having dinner." Dad invited and Jack looked at me, troubled in a cutely manner. I fought not to laugh because he didn't know how to refuse, specially if it was dad.

"Okay?" He said and we walked to the kitchen bumping his elbow to mine and I just chuckled.

Jack sat next to me and he only ate a little.

"What's the reason why our alpha's son is here?" Mom said after drinking her glass of water.

"Um, yeah. We're going out tonight and I would like to take Rain with me." He said. "We wanted to catch up on our three years of not seeing each other."

"Sure." Dad said immediately and mom followed.

There was no way they could say no to Jack.

"Thank you."

"We can't say no since it's your birthday." Mom said.

"Can Kelsey also come?" My sister said and mom and dad just stared at her. She pouted her lips and sulked on her seat.

Jack chuckled. "Maybe after you turn eighteen." He reached his hand and ruffled her hair making her blush slightly and nodded.

Jack waited for me as I changed my clothes. We first went back to the pack house because he also need to change his clothes. I stayed and waited outside. I tucked my jacket closer to me when the cold night air blew.

I was leaning at one of the cars parked in front of the pack house and I woke up from staring blankly at the ground when I smelt him, and it was getting stronger every second. It just made my stomach turned and I felt sick. I raised the collar of my jacket and pressed it to my nose but the scent just passes through the fabric.

My heart was beating erratically in my chest and my wolf was trying to kick out making me feel uneasy.

I stood straight and decided to start walking back when I heard the front door of the pack house opened and it went worst. I struggled to breathe and it was getting heavier and heavier.

I kept my gaze to the ground because I was afraid that my eyes were glowing. I tried to calm myself down but I couldn't.

"Rain." Jack called and I raised my head to look at him. I could sense that Zach was also looking at me but I never dared to look back at him when he was the reason why I was turning like this. "Let's go." Jack said and I nodded.

We went inside his car that I was leaning a minute ago. I felt calmer when I am with Jack which was good. We drove for fifteen minutes before we arrived on our destination and I had the urge to remove my jacket because it seemed like Zach's scent was sticking there, but it was too cold. I didn't even know if I could really endure it all night.