Chapter 24: Bad Boy? More like Momma's Boy!

Feel free to point out any spelling, grammar, or spacing errors. I would really appreciate it and will fix them right away :)

***

*READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE*

Ch24: Bad Boy? More like Momma's Boy!

"I think he'll like it," I say as we stare at the dark blue Tang swim around in the tank.

"You think so," he says looking at the fish unsurely. "His favorite color is red."

"Okay then," I walk towards the next fish tank and spot a small red fish with big oversized eyes swimming crazily around the tank. "What about this one?"

"I don't know," he exhales.

"I'm getting this one," I huff. "You're impossible to please."

"Of course I am," he winks at me.

"Stupid twatface," I roll my eyes.

"I'm gonna go look for some cool rocks," he says before walking away.

We're currently at a fish store filled with hundreds of fish tanks with salt water fishes and corals. Vincent thought I'd be a good idea to surprise Josh with some cool new stuff for his science fair project because it was all due next week. I thought so and we ended up here.

I noticed that after Vincent told me everything he started acting different. More open about how he feels.

Like he'll actually laugh once in a while and be in a good mood. Not like before where all he did was glare or smirk.

Although, I was left with one glaring questions; does he love Janet?

I don't know if I'll even known the answer, but I'd like to.

"Can I help you?" A voice asks and I turn to see Mick. "Elliana, what are you doing here?"

"Buying a fish," I smile. "I didn't know you worked here."

"Yeah," he nods. "I like fishes their pretty cool."

"Can I get this red one?" I smile. "I like the black smudged eyeliner look it has going on and the black stripe that goes it's back. It's looks like a rockstar."

"The Flame Hawkfish," he says. "I got it, I'll be right back with a bag."

"Thanks Mick," I smile as he walks off.

"Look what I got," Vincent comes speed walking excitedly towards me. "Was that Mick?"

"Yeah," I nod. "So what you get?"

"This," he raises a transparent bag and I see a small purple anemone. "I think Josh will like it."

"Okay," I hear Mick says before he comes walking down the hall with a small green net, a stool, and a transparent bag filled with water.

He sets the stool down in front of the tank and gets on it. Then he puts the net in the water and within a few seconds manages to catch the scared fish before shoving him carefully into the bag.

"There you go," he ties the bag and hands it to me. "One Flame Hawkfish."

"Don't you go to school Mick?" Vincent asks and Mick nods.

"Yeah," he says. "I was just called in today to see if I could cover a shift and I need the money. One day of school never hurt anybody."

"Thanks Mick," I grin. "I'll see you around."

"See you around," he waves before disappearing around the corner.

****

"Why MMA?" Vincent asks and I shrug.