Chapter Five

I stand at the doors to the nests, where the dragons stay.

My brother had some business with the director, so his friend Ashton is going to take me to see her.

"So Let's go meet your dragon," Ashton says as we walk into the nest, and stop at the one at the end.

"This should be her," Ashton swings open a large door and lead a dragon out.

Pure white, with a peach tinge to some of her scales. She is beautiful.

"This is Aries," he introduces,

"Nice to meet you, Aries, I'm Elena-" I go to pat the dragon and it almost takes off my arm,

"Woah," Ashton pulls the dragon back.

"Well I guess she doesn't like me," I say, "Or my arm," I add.

"Nah, she probably just needs some time to adjust," Ashton says, 

"She doesn't seem like the 'needs time' type."

"So just take this and let's walk out to the main area," he gives me a rope that is around her neck.

"Let's go," I say as I try to pull her outside, she doesn't budge,

"Come on..." I say as I pull harder but grabs the rope with her teeth and pulls me forward.

"Good luck..." Ashton says as he steps back, he doesn't plan to interfere.

"Work with me here, please," I say before the dragon cuts her own rope and walks back into her stable and shuts the door.

"Seriously?" I say before I push the door open to see her laying down in a pile of hay that is in the shape of a large and flat nest.

I look at her; she doesn't seem happy at all.

I walk over to her, trying to get her up but nothing works. I sit against the wall of the stable watching her as her back is to me.

Soon the class finished, I have not accomplished anything.

It is now 5:30 and I walk back to my dorm and fall on my bed.

"It's only been one day, I can't give up this early," I tell myself as I fall asleep.

I wake the next day and head to normal classes. I spend most of my time thinking about Aries.

"What if she doesn't like me?"

"What if it is just a dragon thing?"

"Am I over thinking this?"

I haven't thought like this in ages. I did when I was first starting school, worrying if people liked me.

**5 Years Ago**

I open my eyes to a new day. My brother was sent off to his first day at dragon school a month ago and I am now here alone. Mum said it would be a good idea to start school and stop home schooling. It is only fair that if my brother has to go to a school, I do too.

I get out of bed and walk down to breakfast.

"Good morning sweetie, do you want any eggs?" Mum asks as she stands in front of the stove.

"No, I'm good," I say as I tip myself some cereal.

I get ready and take a deep breath as I walk down the street alone.

New school. New life. Finally, some friends.

I walk into the school grounds; I have no idea what I am doing. I am one month behind everyone.

I walk in and sit in an empty seat.

"You must be the new girl, Elena Tate is it?" a girl walks up to me,

"Yeah," I respond,

"I'm Emileen Dark, nice to meet you," Emileen says,

"Same," I respond as she sits in the seat beside me.

"Rachel, you know this is my seat now get lost," I look over to see a girl arguing with another.

"I don't see your name anywhere," the girl responds,

"Argh!" the other girl says, I can tell she is about to do something.

"Woah," I stand in between them both,

"Nice to meet you, I'm new here, Elena Tate," I shake their hands,

"I'm Leah, and this chair stealer is Rachel,"

"You can come over to sit beside me," I say to Leah

"I wouldn't do that if I was you, once you are stuck with their 'group' you never return, come sit with me, the seat beside is still free," Rachel says,

"No thanks I'm good, I don't think I could steep to your low quite yet," I say,

Leah smiles, "Now you are my sort of girl," Leah says as we walk over to my original seat,

"What did I do?" I question, I was only being honest,

"What did you do? You just told off Rachel," Leah says.

"I did? Is that bad, oh god what have I done," I panic,

"If it is to Rachel, is it not bad, it is great!" Leah says.

"You have some soul there, you are so brave," Emileen says,

"Really? I was just honest," I say.

"I've been meaning to ask, are you related to the dragon school's new brilliant student Jackson Tate?" Emileen asks,

"Brilliant student?! No way, Jackson is really that good then," I say,

"So you know him?" Leah asks,

"He is my brother," I add,

"I see, well you definitely have his spirit and bravery," Emileen adds.

"Class settle down, let us begin," the teacher walks in.

I still can't believe the first day of school was where I met my best friends, 5 years ago. I don't know why I was so worried, Maybe I am just blowing this thing up with Aries, and give her some time. But I don't have much time.

***************************************

<3 EDITIED <3

That is the end of this chapter.

So far I believe the story is going great, I have gotten quite a few notifications of people adding this story to their reading list. 

Thank you!!!!!!

Don't forget to vote, comment, leave you feedback! And Ideas on the story so far!

Add to your reading list to get updates on new chapters.

Thank you once again. 

Lots of Love.

<3 <3 <3