Chapter 21

As-Salaam-Alaikum

Plz pray before you read if its time and you haven't...

Enjoy the Chapter!!!

************************************************************

Prophet Muhammad (SAW) :

"Only an honorable man treats women with honor and integrity,

and only a vile and dishonorable men humiliates and degrades women." 

*************************************************************

Arina's POV

I hear the alarm ringing next to my ears, I feel sleepy and exhausted so want to ignore it but then remember that its fajr time so I decide to get up. I try to sit up but fail because of the weight on my leg, I look up to find myself in a room completely different to mine and that's when realization hits me. 

I am no more in my parents house with them. No more Zaid annoying me at the breakfast table and Dad scolding him. I feel a tear drop and wipe it before checking the time. I get off the bed hastily after knowing that the time is running not before taking Adam's huge leg off me.

I proceed towards the toilet to make wudu. Once inside I take my messed up hijab off and let my curls loose while i make my wudu. Then i tie my hair back and fasten the hijab around my head before walking out to grab a prayer mat which alhumdullilah is kept on the coffee table in front of the couches. Subsequent to that I think of waking Adam up for fajr or at least of trying to.

I try hard up to emptying a glass of water to which he just responds with a cuss word and change sides. After those fail attempts I give up but just for now and recite Surah Yaseen and few other surahs.

When the clock struck 7 I get up to take a quick shower and get ready wearing a comfortable outfit because I have to get ready for the Walima in the afternoon anyways.

We both wanted a simple wedding so we didn't really have all the rituals and customs they have in a typical Pakistani/Desi weddings but still even without those rituals it still doesn't look like a simple weddings because of the mothers. We still had Mehendi though.

It was a really fun ritual, I enjoyed a lot and instead of celebrating it separately we did it together in Zeewad mansion but I was on one side of the yard and Adam at the other. Ir was a really fun event with entertainment and the families were mixing well together too my cousins and Adam's cousins also got to meet each other. 

I was wearing  a dress which Mom (Adam's mom) gifted me especially for the mehendi ceremony.

Right now I'm standing in front of the vanity table blow drying my hair while is taking a shower Adam woke up when I came out of the toilet, glared hard at me and rushed to the bathroom after grabbing his clothes from the walk in closet.

Once I'm satisfied with my effort on getting ready and with the outfit and hijab I make my way downstairs to make breakfast. I see the cook making breakfast and Mom helping her so I usher them out even though mom try to stop me saying how i shouldn't cook because its my first day here and all but my stubbornness wins so she kisses me on the forehead and leaves.

I make breakfast for everyone after asking mom their favorites and listing them down. When I'm about to take them into the dining room Alina comes still sleepy and helps me with taking them and setting the table.

On the breakfast table me, Alina and mom have a small chitchat here and there during the breakfast but Adam just sits quietly and nods or talks when have to.