The Art of Courting- Chapter Two

Hey guys! Here's chapter two!

Sorry, it's kinda short and I dunno if it'll make sense or not. I can't be stuffed reading it over. To be truthful, I'm not very satisfied with this chapter so I'll probably edit it later. But for now, enjoy.

The song for this chapter is Trash, Trampoline and Party GIrl (though most people just call it Party Girl) by U2- the best band ever! A video of them live is on the side >>>>

Also, this chapter is dedicated to JordieXx. She writes some amazing romances, one of my favourites is called Hiding Behind the Music! I also named the character on the side (Jordan, Jay's sister who is played by Rachael Leigh Cook) after her like the awesome person I am.

Anyways, enough from me! On to the chapter!

CHAPTER TWO

I know a girl
A girl called Party, Party Girl
I know she wants more than a party, Party Girl
I know a boy
A boy called Trampoline
You know what I mean
I think I know what he wants
I think I know what she wants
- Trash, Trampoline and Party Girl, U2

CHELSEA COULDN'T REMEMBER THE LAST time she drank alcohol. Maybe when her dad had spontaneously given her a lesson on 'Adult Life' and cracked open a bottle of whiskey. By the time her mother had gotten home, Chelsea was so plastered that she wasn't speaking straight English and her father wasn't much better. That night was the first time she doubted the stability of her parent's marriage and now she wondered if their marriage ever was stable. It was certainly against her dad's nature to be stable: he changed his mind too quickly for him to be truly reliable.

Jay's like that too, Chelsea reminded herself, hence why nothing will ever happen between us.

“Chels!” May shouted loudly from the make-shift bar. “Get your sexy little ass over here!”

Knowing that disobeying May usually resulted in a lot of shouting, Chelsea quickly made her way over. Dani grinned at her before downing a shot.

“I think I'm ready,” she announced.

“Ready for what?” Chelsea asked in confusion.

“To kiss Jay!” Dani slurred in reply with a bright smile. Chelsea frowned.

“I don't know if you should do that Dani... You're pretty wasted...” Even tipsy Chelsea was logical. She was aware that Jay was in an even worse condition than Dani, so his already crappy judgment would be dangerously clouded.

“You're just jealous!” the blonde girl cried in reply to Chelsea's cautioning. “You want him all to yourself! I knew it! You feel threatened by me."

Oh yeah. Totally.

“Dani, calm down,” she sighed. “I'm not jealous of you. I don't want anything to do with Jay. I'm just saying that you could do something you'll regret-”

“SHUT UP AND HAVE SOME VODKA!” May squealed, interrupting, and shoved a shot glass into her hand. With a sad sigh, Chelsea downed it and allowed her friend to drag her to the dance floor. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Dani grab Jay from behind and tug him around. She looked away before she had to see their gross PDA. For some reason, the thought of watching them kiss unsettled her slightly. But it was probably just because she didn't want to have Jay around as much as he would be if he was dating Dani. Plus, it'd be awkward between them.