1. 1460

Flashback (1460) [Edited]

I pressed my ear to the wooden door, which had my parents on the other side discussing something I was yet to find out.

"Alexander can protect her from this awful world!" My father growled.

"No! He is a monster; he will turn her and make her just like him!" My mother replied back, sounding worried.

I was a bit confused as to what my mother had just said.

What did she mean by "Monster" and "Turn her"?

I let it go and continued to listen.

"Maybe that is not a bad thing! She would be invincible!" My father spat back.

"Getting Alexander to turn her into a Vampire is not the answer! It will destroy her, she will kill innocent people!"

I silently gasped, and placed a hand over my mouth, taking no notice of the tears falling from my eyes. My father was forcing me to marry a vampire? I had no idea that the handsome prince had kept such a dark secret. Or that vampires existed in this part of the world.

I was absolutely terrified.

My father wanted nothing more than money and power. He wasn't doing this for me, which is why I didn't stay.

I walked back to my room quickly and grabbed my cloak, wrapping the material around my shoulders; I walked out onto the balcony. I climbed over the stone barrier, down onto the ledge and jumped painfully to the ground.

I ran, with tears still streaming down my face blinding my vision, into the forest at the side of the castle.

That's when I heard Alexander calling my name, his voice getting closer. I pushed myself to sprint, even in the layered gown I was wearing. Not the easiest thing in the world. Especially when one is under a lot of pressure.

But when someone or in this case something, is chasing you, even with the added adrenaline, you're bound to trip over something. I pushed the brambles away from my feet and scrambled to stand up. It was eerily silent. I looked around with wide eyes, but could not see the prince.

Suddenly I was thrown against a tree with such force; I could have sworn my scull rattled. The fresh blood dripped from my skin, which had recently torn from falling.

"You little wench! You're going to pay!" He said bitterly into my ear. I wasn't facing him but I could tell he was smirking.

He turned me around, his eyes cold and red. Veins grew visible beneath the usually soft brown eyes that belonged to the monster in front of me. He pulled his wrist up to his face, and bit into it, causing thick scarlet blood to drip down his arm. He held my neck, causing me to choke as my oxygen supply thinned. He placed his now bleeding wrist over my mouth.

"Drink my blood Victoria!" Alexander demanded.

I tried shaking my head but I couldn't move in his strong grip, my mouth filled with the metal tasting liquid. I swallowed, as it was the only way to get it out of my mouth.

He gripped my neck harder and I heard a cracking noise and felt a sharp pain shoot down my spine.

I blacked out.

***

I woke up on the bed I slept in at the Castle. The maid who usually tended to me was standing at the side of my bed. She had blood dripping down her wrists and neck even as she smiled at me.

"Welcome back Miss Frey, Lord Alexander told me to tell you to feed on me until I die," She said, still smiling.

"F-feed on you?" I asked shakily.

My throat burned.

"Yes. Drink my blood," She said back.

That's when I noticed the strong intoxicating smell. Blood. It smelt so good, I craved it. As I knew I would from that moment on, for the rest of my life.

Alexander. He did this. I was a vampire in transition.

I tried not to, but I couldn't help it. I leaped out of bed and lunged at her, sucking the blood from her neck. The feeling was rapturous.

I dropped the now blood-free body to the floor and instantly remembered everything from the day before.

I was running away. That's exactly what I did. I ran.

I didn't need anything; I jumped out the window, landing on the floor, no pain whatsoever.

No one was around so I ran and in a blur, I was at the end of the forest.

Life was about to get messy.