Ravenclaw Wisdom

Blaise saw Ginny and Luna huddled together before dinner in a corridor, Ginny whispering to Luna, while the other nodded solemnly.

"Weasley, we need to talk", he announced to the duo.

Ginny looked up at the tall handsome man standing in front of her and raised an eyebrow, "No we don't", she said finally, turning to walk away.

"It's about Granger", he said hurriedly, to grab her attention, and it worked.

 Ginny stopped right in her tracks and turned to face him.

"Okay, shoot. And make it quick."  She said hurriedly, obviously not wanting to be seen with a Slytherin.

"Well not just about Granger. It's about Granger and Draco."

Ginny and Luna shot a knowing look at each other.

Blaise face-palmed himself mentally. Of course they were already discussing it. The entire school was. He should have known.

"Go on", said the red head, while the Loony smiled dreamily.

"Not here. It's too crowded. In the library. Just the two of us."

Ginny raised her eyebrow higher, giving a furtive glance at Luna.

"And why should it be just the two of us?"

"Because we were the only ones smiling this morning at Draco's little stunt."

"Actually she was too." Ginny said pointing to Luna." Does that mean she can come?"

Blaise looked incredulously at Loony. "Yes I was", she assured him in her usual dreamy voice. "And I'm really happy for them", she added smiling.

What have I gotten myself into? First I'm running with a blood traitor and now this Loony freak? You owe me big time Drake. Here goes nothing. For Draco. He thought.

"Fine, fine. But just the two of you, mind you. Come after the juniors' curfew. 8 pm o,kay with you?"

Ginny and Luna exchanged a look and replied in unison. "Okay."

"Fine, I'll see you then. And keep it to yourselves. I hope I can trust you", he added looking right into Luna's eyes.

As if on cue, the blonde replied, smiling, "Of course you can Blaise."

Something in his heart tugged at him, telling him she was speaking the truth. Or maybe it was just the innocence on her face.

But Blaise was ready to take whatever cards he was dealt with right now, so he agreed and left hurriedly, with a curt nod.

***************************

Ginny and Blaise were in the library, sitting at loggerheads, rubbing their temples. Luna was reading the latest issue of The Quibbler featuring an article on Nargle wing potion.

"So just to be clear. Malfoy likes Hermione?" asked Ginny.

"Yes, Weasley. This is like the fifth time you're asking. "

"But doesn't think he deserves her."

"Yes." He replied tiredly.

"You know Hermione did say something about Draco wanting to talk to her again. But I just couldn't get out anything else from her."

"Yes, but how do we get them to talk?

Draco would never approach her now. He's closed off again. And I bet Granger is suspicious. Argh.. this is giving me a headache", he said, going back to rubbing his temples.

"Well we could just call them to meet up at the Shrieking Shack. You can call Malfoy, I can call Hermione", the red head suggested.

"No, Weasley that would make them suspicious. They'll never trust us again. We'll keep the extreme measures for emergencies. We need a more subtle approach right now. Something that won't reek of conspiracy."

"Well you could just exchange partners in Potions", chimed Luna out of the blue. "Ginny is partnering with Hermione these days, isn't she? And Draco and Blaise have had a fall out. So you can just say you don't want to sit with him anymore." She added to Blaise.

"It isn't that easy, Loony. You think The Chosen One would let me partner with his girlfriend? He'll just volunteer himself instead of Weasley. Then I'll end up paired with the idiot Weasel (no offence to you, you're the smarter one, he adds to Ginny) and The Boy Who Lived gets stuck with his old nemesis.

We're trying to hook up Draco and Hermione; not Draco and Harry remember?"

"Well then why don't you two skip the class altogether. I bet Professor Slughorn ships them same us as. He was smiling at breakfast as well, you know. He'll partner them, and they'll have to obey. " Luna replied

"Hmmm. That could work.. "

"Of course it will. And I have just the thing for it", replied Ginny triumphantly, taking out two pocket sized versions of Nosebleed Noughats.

"Here, take this a couple of minutes before class",  She added handing one to Blaise, as she got up to leave.

"Thank you Lovegood", Blaise added sincerely as he got up to go. "Guess you're not so bad after all."

"No problem, Blaise. That's what friends are for." Luna replied dreamily waving goodbye and went back to reading the magazine.

Blaise shot Ginny a bemused look as if to ask Is she always this weird? and Ginny shrugged saying, "You'll get used to her", with a wink.

Blaise couldn't help but chuckle as Luna got up to leave with Ginny.

"Hey, by the way." He called after her. "How do we contact each other next time? I can't always stalk after you in the corridors you know. It's not good for my rep." He said airily.

Ginny rolled her eyes.

"Take this", she said handing him a galleon. "It's has a Protean Charm. You know what to do."

At that Blaise nodded and left the two girls to themselves to sneak out to the dungeons, hopefully undetected by Pansy.

***************************

Author's Note:

Hi folks!

This chapter is dedicated to :

I_think_I_like_Draco and something_not_taken

Thank you for all your support!

Stay tuned for the next chapter: Two is Better than One. If you want an early release please SHARE this book with your friends, VOTE, and COMMENT!

Until next time, Happy Reading!! 😘😘