Twenty One

Harry and I didn't speak for the rest of the night. I went right to sleep and Harry shuffled around in his office for hours. The thoughts of us kissing keeps replaying in my head and I just want them to leave.

I've never really been in a situation like that before. I mean, Harry has kissed my neck that one time; but that wasn't as intimate as last night. I try to push those thoughts in the back of my head and forget about it.

It's once again been a long lonely day in this apartment. Harry doesn't usually work on Saturday but he said that he had some stuff to handle. I'm not really sure what it's about, but I could probably guess it had to do with the men that tried to shoot at him last night.

I'm suppose to run to the market and get some things from the store. I was gonna wait will he got home at 5, but it's past six now and I don't want to go out too late. Harry usually gets home around five, so I don't know why he's late. I just made him a sandwich for dinner because I couldn't figure out what to make to my skill set.

I come to the solution that I'm just going to leave a note and go to the market, that way if he gets back before me; he won't freak that I'm gone. I write a small note and put it on the table in the living room. I put on my shoes and throw my hair up in a ponytail so it's out of my face. As in about to leave, I realize that I just left his sandwich out on the counter. If he doesn't get home for a bit, it's going to get all warm.

I huff and go back down the hallway and into the kitchen to see his sandwich sitting on the marble counter top. I grab the plate and place it into the fridge.

As I shut the fridge and walk away from it, I hear the familiar sound of the front door opening. He must be home now.

As I'm about to emerge from the kitchen, I hear more then just two footsteps.

I hear muffled panicked words from someone else and my stomach instantly drops. I quietly tiptoe down the hallway to peak around the wall and into the living room.

Harry stands tall in his black boots, holding a man by the back collar of his jacket. The man has duck tape across his mouth and some bruises littering his face. His hands are handcuffed behind him and Harry pushes him along into the apartment.

I stay hidden behind the wall and feel my pulse start jumping. What is he doing?

Harry stops when he passes the table and sees the note I left, stating that I was at the market. He picks up the note while holding the man in the leather jacket with his other hand. I watch his eyes squint back and forth across the paper before dropping it back on the table.

He walks over the the bar and pushes the panicked beaten man to sit down on one of the stools. I notice the the taped up man where's a Malignant jacket. He's a member of the gang? Harry unlocks his handcuffs from behind his back and cuffs just one of his wrists to the metal bar under the counter.

He then walks over to the other side of the bar and takes out two glasses. I hope this isn't how he makes friends.

Harry rips the duck tape off of the young mans mouth, making the guy hiss in pain. The man has many gashes to the face and shirt dark hair. He looks to be quiet younger then Harry, maybe 18?

"Drink?" Harry asks.

"I-I'm fine." The light cracking voice of the man replies.