Chapter 35

Hey guys! So I had my last final this week and I've been really tired and exhausted so sorry if this chapter isn't written that well! Anyways, thanks for 4k reads! It really does mean so much to me, I love reading all of the comments and support! TYSM for reading this story and sticking with me, cause it's about to get very action packed for the rest of this book!

NOTE: I have pictures with names of all of the new characters (that are my original characters) above. Just scroll through them to see pictures of them all with names! Also, you can find the actors under the cast section of this book. If you have any questions about the characters, feel free to ask!

Hope you enjoy!

***

Previously...

As I approach the door, leaving him behind me for the second time tonight, tears begin to pool in my eyes. As much as I don't want to leave him, I don't have the strength to do this anymore.

"Wait!" He calls from behind me suddenly in desperation, causing me to stop in my tracks.

For a moment, I wait, both of us wondering what he'll say next.

My heart freezes in my throat. I'm afraid to turn around, and all that can be heard between us is his intense, heavy breathing.

"I'll tell you everything."

***

I freeze in my tracks.

What?

It seems as if I can't form one clear thought in my head, only thousands of blurred ones. My blood turns to cold ice in my veins, and I can't open my mouth to speak.

"I-just, please, don't leave. I'll tell you anything you want to know." It seems as if he's struggling for words, like he's just thinking out loud. I feel an immense wave of pity wash through me, and manage to shift my head over my shoulder a few inches, just enough so I can see him. "Um-" He begins, swallowing as he tries to steady his trembling voice, "-you're not going to go, are you?"

I answer him by slowly shaking my head no. It's not something that I can control. It seems that tonight, I've been doing less thinking and more...doing.

"If you don't want to stay after I tell you, you don't have to." He begins again, his voice calmed by my decision. "But just let me talk to you, first."

The only thing I can feel are muted waves of shock, vibrating up from the tips of my toes to the top of my head. I never thought I'd see the day where Draco agreed to answer my questions, he'd always seemed so uptight and secretive whenever I asked him one. He must really want me to stay. The fact that he'd rather open up and tell me things he's probably never told anyone before than have me leave him makes my heart skip a beat, and my chest blossom with warmth.

Slowly, I turn around, placing one foot in front of the other until I reach his bed. I sink down onto the plush surface, distancing myself a good foot away from him. We're both silent for a moment, as I decide what I want to ask him first. For some reason, I find myself not wanting to ask anything that will push him too far.

"Who were the men who tortured me?" I ask, my eyes focused on the floor, and my voice small and weak. I clear my throat before speaking again. "And why did they do it?"

Draco sighs, and I can tell that his answer won't be anything I will take lightly. "They were death eaters. My father was one of them."

Gears begin turning in my head, and suddenly, things begin to make sense. This had to be why his father wasn't home over the holidays. Is his mother a death eater, also?