Chapter 26

Elizabeth's POV

I woke up feeling like crap again. It's been days since I was informed about my condition and I'm not getting better at all.

I've been getting attacks and like Dr. Reyenes had explained I started to cough like hell. Either my parents or Jake would come to my room every night helping with the oxygen mask and stay with me until I fall asleep again.

When I wake up I feel extremely exhausted and that's why I sleep so much. I wake up, eat and sometimes do something before falling asleep again and wake up in the afternoon. In the night I get attacks and fall asleep again. That's been my routine for the past few days.

Alice and the others have been calling me to hang out together but I told them that I caught the flu again and won't be able to join them for a while.

Blake and I haven't really spoken to each other much. He would call me once in a while but nothing more. I want to see him, hug him and kiss him. I want to know that he won't leave my side. I want him with me right now.

However, I can't have that. His father needs him more than I do right now.
Everytime I hear his voice I would burst out in tears but of course I try not to sound like a crying child. I realised that he hasn't been in the mood for anything and would only ask me how it is going and well that's it.

I don't blame him at all. I'm sad, that's right, but it's not his fault. It's no one's fault. He sounds like he doesn't care about me anymore but I know he does. He only has a really hard time dealing with his father which I understand. The only thing that is important for me is that I love him very much and I would hate myself for ever forgetting that.

Today was my first school day again and I honestly don't want to go but I still want to see everyone.

I slowly stood up from my bed and made my way to my bathroom. I looked in the mirror and wanted to scream but I didn't had enough energy for it.

My hair was a mess and I had dark circles under my eyes. My skin was so pale that people might think I'm living death.

I quickly went under the shower and washed myself slowly. I found out that even showering would make me tired so I take as much time as I have.
After a while I stepped wrapping a towel around my head and my body. I went to my closet and took out back leggings and a red sweater which stopped a few inches above my knees. I dried my hair and packed my things before going down. I went to the kitchen and saw my father sipping on his coffee and my mom making something to eat.

"Good morning, sweetheart." my father greeted.

"Good morning." I said sleepy and sat down on of the chairs.

I laid my head on my arms trying not to fall asleep again.

"Sweetheart, you can stay home of you want." My mother said.

"No, it's okay. I still want to see everybody. Only for the next three weeks." I said and everyone nodded in understanding.

*****

I was currently sitting in the car with Jake driving me to school. The sun was shining brightly but my mood was like on a rainy day.

We arrived at the school and I went in ignoring all their eyes on me. I didn't care anyway.

I went straight to my locker taking out everything I needed for my day.

"Beth!" I heard someone yelling and before I knew it I was smashed between two people.

"Are you alright?" I realised that it was Alice and Rosie.

I immediately smiled at them and nodded.

"Perfectly fine. Seems like bringing you guys together took more energy from me than I thought." I said trying to sound cheerful.

"Ha. Ha. But it's not my fault that the guys can't take the first step." Rose said looking directly at Drake who was smirking.

"Oh, you love me for it though." Drake said wrapping his arms around Rose before giving her a kiss on the cheek.

I laughed and we made our way to class. I haven't heard nor see Blake since two days and I'm staring to get worried.

The day went by quickly and soon lunch came up. I haven't seen Blake at all so I thought he would be in the hospital visiting his father.

I was standing at the lunch line with Alice and Rosie when I suddenly heard some heels clacking.

"Look what we have here. You still didn't leave the school, bitch?" she snared at me.

I turned around and sighed.

"Go away, Victoria. I'm not in the mood to deal with you." I said.

"Ha! Seems like Blake finally broke up with you. Well no wonder. I knew he would stay with a loser like you any longer." she said with her high pinched voice.

"They didn't broke up and now go away before my hand collide with your fake nose!" Alice yelled at her angrily.

Rose tried to hold her back and Victoria only laughed.

"Trying to protect our whore here, I see. As if you could do something. You're like her, a whore!" Victoria yelled.

I already felt everyone's eyes on us and I hate being the center of attention.

I turned to Victoria with anger.

"I'm sorry, she didn't mean to protect you or your barbies. Seems like you still can't wander around without your dolls following you?" I said.

Her eyes widened.

"How dare you, bitch! You have no right to speak with me like that." she yelled in my face.

"Ewww you just spit on me." Alice said while running her hands on her face.

Victoria started to get red and glared right to me.

"Did Blake already told you about our night only a few days ago? I'm sure he didn't, right?" she said and laughed evily.

I raised my eyebrows.

No, Elizabeth. Don't believe her!

"As if he were with you. He had changed and I know it." I said.

"Then ask him. Well seems like he didn't come today because he can't face his 'girlfriend'. He had waited to long for you but now he can't anymore! That's why he called me and went over to my place and then we d-"

Before she even finished her sentence, my hand collided with her face. Her head swung to the right and everyone were staring at us in shock and amuse.

Victoria held her now red cheek before lunging at me.

I didn't know why I did it. My hand just moved from its own.

"You bitch!" she yelled as she pulled at my hair.

I tried to get her off of me when we suddenly fell to the ground and me hitting the floor with my head.

I let out a little cry of pain. Some boys started to stand up and take Victoria away from me.

I slowly sat up holding my head. It was pounding hard against my head and I started to breath even harder until I started to cough. I felt the pain in my chest as I held a hand on mouth as I coughed.

"Oh look at this. Our princess got injured. Well you deserve every pain!" she yelled at me.

I didn't stop coughing and it was getting harder and harder for me to breath.

"Beth, are you alright?!" Rosie asked kneeling beside me while rubbing my back.

However, I didn't stop coughing. My throat already hurt from the coughing but I didn't stop.

My version started to blurry and I couldn't figure any voices anymore.

"We need to bring her to the nurse. Now!" I heard someone saying.

I felt my body being lifted from the fround into someones arms and some voices screaming until I let myself slip into the darkness.