Dark Hollow

It was beyond midnight, though, we wouldn't ever know the time on this island. I had a feeling since my eyelids were beginning to grow heavy, and multiple yawns escaped my lips. Peter and I sat there, not saying a word after he told his story, his past. He simply stared blankly in front of him, his lips in a thin line. The silence was peaceful and we kept it that way for a while. Neither of us dared to speak or stand up, simply motionless silence.

I tried my hardest to keep it in silence, we would eventually have to get up and go back to camp anyway. I stood up, brushing off my pants and stretched my arms above my head. "Peter, I have a few questions, if you don't mind me asking."

Silence.

I sigh, but continue, "why did you take me back? Back to my home, when I was little."

He switches his gaze to me. "Because.... because...."

It was as if he couldn't speak at that moment. I narrowed my eyes at him, he was holding something back. "Tell the truth, Peter," I demanded softly, crossing my arms.

He stares at me, then sighs and looks away. "I felt something for you, that I hadn't felt since Summer died. I knew you were going to grow up beautiful, but." He sighs, "I don't know what love is anymore. I forget how to feel love, I forget what it was like to feel something for someone..."

I nod my head, "the price you paid for beauty. You did it, because you wanted to impress her. To show her that you were better than Blaze."

Tears started trickling down his face. "I didn't just love her. She was the only one that could fully understand me. I felt so in love that when my heart shattered, it ached. I went into the water to relieve of that pain as well. Now all I have left to feel is sorrow and anger."

Sighing, I sit back down next to him. "Peter, people tend to do crazy things when they're in love. You can't blame yourself for feeling such a way that made you happy."

Peter bites his lower lip, shaking his head. "I can't be happy anymore, not with a demon inside of me. I poisoned myself, it is my fault." He suddenly furrows his brows. "For some reason, I cannot remember how you came back. I know I intended to come for you...." he trailed off.

I nod my head again, "yeah, you did come for me. I may have used memory erasing dust so I wouldn't get homesick" I smirk, "and I was giving you an attitude that I know you wouldn't deal well with."

Peter scrunches his nose, "you gave me an attitude? Why?"

"Because I hated you. I hated you when you forced me to leave this place.... And then my life continued and it became great. Then, when you came, you were sick, and I felt like...." I sigh. "I don't know, I felt like helping you."

He shakes his head, "there's more to that, isn't there?"

I shrug my shoulders, "I hated you, but missed you..."

He turns his head to me, making our faces only inches apart. He glances away and scoffs, "missed me? I doubt that. Have you forgotten already? I cannot love, and cannot be loved."

I frown, "the only reason why is because you are afraid to love again. You blame the demon, but you're afraid."

He glares at me, "I am not afraid! I...." He trailed off again.

"Right," I smirked.

he stands up, his green eyes burning into fire. "You want to be that way?" He snatches my arm, jerking me up. "how about you give that attitude to the shadows in Dark Hollow?"