Chapter 2

It's been a week since I moved into the house. Our neighbors took the liberty in baking us goods and introducing themselves to us. Sadly though, I'm the only kid or teenager on the street because all the neighbor's kids are already off at college.

Todays Sunday, which means my first day at my new school is tomorrow. I'm both bummed and excited at the same time. So, I guess you can say I have a love hate relationship with school.

The only thing I hate about school, is that it starts so damn early in the morning and I love my beauty sleep, as much as any other person out there.

"Elise! Can you watch the food on the stove while I run to get the groceries I left in the car?!" My dad calls from down stairs.

How did he forget the groceries in the car? Is it that hard to remember that you went to the store and bought food? I guess it's hard to remember simple stuff like that when you're a doctor and have a lot of patients to think about and care for.

"Yeah!" I yell back and make my way to the kitchen. When I get there, my dad is already in the garage getting the food.

I look into the stove to see what he's cooking for diner because it smells amazing!

He's cooking curry! Yum!

He comes back in with two grocery bags. "Thanks" he says, while setting the bags down on the counter.

I hum a "mhm" and help him put the groceries away while he finishes cooking. I finish and start to set the table in the dining room.

"Where's mom?" I ask.

"She's in our room getting her stuff ready for work tomorrow." he answers.

I nod in respons.

Five minutes later, my dad sets the food on the table and my mom walks in taking a seat next to my dad. He kisses her cheek making her smile, but making me gag. "Please don't do that where I'm trying to digest my food" I say with a disgusted face. They chuckle at me and start to dig in the food.

After diner, I kiss my mom and dad on the cheek goodnight and head to my room to get ready for bed.

Once I get to my room, I go to my closet to get my pajamas. I head to the bathroom and close the door behind me. I turn the shower on, adjusting the heat of the water until I like it. I peel off my clothing and step into the shower and relax when the warm water cascades down my body.

In my relaxed state, my thoughts wonder to what might happen in school tomorrow. What if people there don't like me? I mean I don't think I'm that bad to be around. And I wonder if they have a dance team because I would join. If they don't, I'll just find a dance studio around here and maybe even get back to gymnastics also. In other words, I need to get back into shape.

When I snap out of my thoughts, I realize it's been a while since I've been just standing in the shower without doing anything, so I start off with washing and conditioning my hair. After washing my face and body, I step out and start drying off. I change into my pajamas, and brush my teeth. I unravel my damp hair from the towel and blow dry it.

I step out of my bathroom and make my way to my bed that's screaming my name. I run and then literally throw myself onto the comfortable mattress, plugging my phone into it's charger that's on my bedside table after. I then wrap myself into my soft white blanket, snuggling my face into my white pillow, and welcome sleep that takes over my my body.

*******

Beep.

Beep.