Chapter Twenty-Three

All Rights Reserved

Third-person POV

It's been days since Xavier saw Kennedy crying in her parent's room blaming herself for their deaths.

The image of Kennedy crying wearing a white dress keeps replaying in Xavier's head. He didn't like the image of her crying, he's so guilty not telling her the truth but he still thinks that if he let her see a weak side of him she'll use it against him and he will never let it happened to him after what he did this past few years just to get the company and the other business to his father and also after he killed his father for power he doesn't want it to ruin by just a girl.

Xavier hears a knock in his office he asks who it was and Julio answered.

"Did you talk to Kennedy?" Xavier asks and Julio shook his head. He stood up from his seat and grab a can of beer from his mini-fridge. He handed a can to Julio and he opens his beer.

"You know she's hurt about her real parents," Julio said sipping his beer.

"I saw it in her eyes when she's crying in her dead parent's room. She keeps saying that it's her fault and she's hurt. She's really mad at me after not telling her what we know she'll probably going to kill us for that" Xavier said flipping a page.

"When she found out that I kill for you she ignored me for almost a year. She didn't talk to me or even look at me, she pretends that I don't exist" Julio started.

"Are you making me feel good? If yes it's not working" Xavier cut in.

"I'm not finished. Just listen!" He hissed, Xavier glared at him and put his hands up surrendering.

"Like I said she pretend that I don't exist. I tried to talk to her every day but she keeps slamming the door to my face after eight months I gave up I did everything for her just to talk to me but it's late, she already hates me and didn't want to talk to me. She's like a sister and important to me, I don't want her to be mad at me so I stopped I didn't bother her anymore, I always visit Tony at their house if she's not there. One day she came to my house and she asks me why did I get myself involve in a gang she's crying because she doesn't want me dead ---" Julio laughed "She said I'm like her big brother and she'll never forgive herself if something happened to me. I told her that my father is your father's second in command, she asks me to stop killing people but I told her I can't because it's in my blood to kill for the Grey's. She was silent when I told her that. I decide to stop the silence by asking her if she hates me and she doesn't want to see again I'll respect her decision but she answered me and I quote 'I don't hate you nor I don't want to see you I'm just so disappointed that you didn't tell me sooner, I'll understand you whatever you do in life. I can't hate you you're a brother to me. What you do is none of my business I'm here to support what you do even it's illegal or not' she said that to me after I lied to her. She doesn't like it when you lied to her, she felt betrayed" He pause.

"That's doesn't make any sense, it didn't connect what I said" Xavier cut in again raising his eyebrow and took a sip on his beer.

"All I wanted to say that if you hurt her big time she always has a reason to forgive you. She'll be disappointed in you but she'll never hate you after what you did to her. That's my Kennedy, if you wanted to explain why you did that she'll understand, try it there's nothing to lose." Julio said, he stood up and wrapped his fingers in the doorknob when he hears Xavier's phone ring.

Xavier answered and placing the phone to his ears.

"Speak" He demanded with a bored tone.

"She's gone"