thirteen

(Yoongi POV)

I don't think I'm meant to live on Earth. 

I think I belong on a planet that's a little more tilted on its axis, a planet whose sun shines a little less, little less brighter, a little less warmer.

No, not the planet's sun. The planet's star.

We don't really forget that the sun is also a star. We merely refuse to call our sun a star. And why wouldn't we? It's ours. We give things that are our own a different name, a personal connotation, because we can't help but want it all to ourselves. 

But my sun has a different name. 

My sun, my star, is one that isn't shared with anyone. That doesn't shine upon anyone else. That isn't merely described with a word starting from the letter 's'.

Hoseok; my own sun.

I just wonder whether I'm his Earth.

I could be. I need him. His warmth. His light.

But he doesn't need me; a mere planet full of global warming and all people unpleasant. There are billions of people living inside me. Each of them hold a different mood, a different feeling, a different thought. And all of them, bodies of emotions and words, could strike at any given moment.

I'm the planet Earth; composed of oceans of sadness and lands of manic. Tilting with billions of people inside of me, all with different bodies singled in one of mine.

I need the Sun. 

But the Sun doesn't need me.

___

"Min Yoongi, room 203."

I nodded at the women, walking to the room available for me. It was raining today, and in the hurry of my appointment, I had forgotten to slip on a jacket. My damp shirt clung to me and I felt humid, settling into the small office's chair.

I didn't drive here.

My eyes travelled over the posters in the room. Some of them about birth control, others about flu shots and cancer statistics. Rooms like these aggravated me, and I felt Angry starting to crawl up my throat.

I gulped him down.

"Ah, Yoongi! How are you?" The familiar man in his thirties chimed as he walked through the door and closed it.

I nodded, uttering the usual, "good."

He sat briskly in his chair, clicking away at the computer and raising my file upon the screen. Studying it, he said, "it says here you're asking for a refill."

"Yes. I went to the pharmacy for a refill, but they said my prescription was outdated. They told me to book an appointment with my doctor to receive a newer one."

"Yes, that's right," he nodded, slipping on his glasses. He turned to face me, dark circles and bags hanging beneath his eyes. I felt Curiosity dancing on my tongue.

I bit Him down.

"Well, there was no other way you would've come in here," he smiled. "It's been five months, after all. How are you doing, Yoongi?"

I stared down at my left arm, remembering last night's event. I had moved all my furniture out in the middle of the night, drank and smoked sitting in my closet, and had Hoseok witness me inflicting harm upon myself.