S E V E N

CHAPTER 7

CLAIRE

My hope of getting out of here is decreasing with every hour. I think it's the darkness. I keep thinking I will never see light again.

I have no watch or anything, so its hard to keep track of time. But I would say that it has been about 5 days. I haven't eaten in while, because Zayn hasn't been here. What is he busy doing?

I don't know if the police suspect that Zayn has me. I don't even know if Harry believes that. I hope he does.

I reminisce back to when we were both in California, and I had just found out that he had sent in the photo and I left his house. He went "missing" for 48 hours, but he was passed out on his bed. No one bothered enough to look for him at his own house. I wonder sometimes if he was desperately lonely when I met him. He never said something like that to me, but the way he felt so entitled to me--so desperate for me not to leave him makes me wonder.

And now, he is unable to reach me--I left, against my will. He must be hurting, badly. I can't stand the thought.

I prepare myself when I hear the familiar, taunting footsteps coming from outside the worn-out door. Zayn is here. I hear keys being fumbled, and inserted into the keyhole. My heart beats twice as fast as the door opens, and he walks inside with a smile on his face.

"Hey babe," he says casually, putting down a bag on the floor. My mouth waters as I see steam emitting from it. Food.

"I have a surprise for you," he says. He doesn't close the door after him. He walks over to me, his face inches away from mine.

"You're getting out of here today."

My heart skips a beat, as I stare into his eyes. I don't find a trace of uncertainty in his face, causing me to really believe him.

"What?" I breathe out with a squint in my eyes, and his smile widens. Without losing eye contact, his hands travel to the knots behind my back. He unties the ropes very gently, his breath hitting my neck. Every limb feels weak, and all of my strength goes into staying awake.

My hands are finally free from the rope, and I move them along my thighs to regain feeling. Zayn smiles weakly at me, as if he's happy I'm no longer in pain.

He grabs my arm, lifting me up effortlessly. I have lost weight. A lot of weight. I'm just now noticing, as I look down on my bony hips.

He turns to me, his hands on my shoulders.

"Ready?" he asks, and I frown. No words come out of my mouth, because I can't really believe this. Why is he letting me go?

He catches me as I lose balance, my knees trembling. I don't want to be in his arms, but I'm driven to lean on him as I regain balance.

"Shh, it's alright baby, just take it easy." He comforts, and I'm too exhausted to be repulsed. I just try to forget where I am, who he is, and what he has done to me for a few seconds. I feel my body grow steady again, and I inhale deeply.

"You okay Claire? Alright, come with me."

He picks up the bag of food and opens the door. His hand wrapped around my waist, he leads me out into a hallway. His skin pressed against me would usually send me into a state of panic, but it doesn't for some strange reason. At the end of the hallway, there is a staircase. Zayn's hand stays firm on my waist as we walk up the stairs, and into a living room. So I was in a basement.

I gasp when I look around the living room, as I get blown away by the beauty of it all. The big windows covered by the white curtains, the wooden floor, the amazing furniture. Where am I?

He leads me further into the room, till a grand table accompanied by white velvet chairs comes to vision. He puts the bag of food on it, and pulls out a chair. He lays his palm flat out towards it, and I sit down. I am just too tired to resist.

He pulls out a cardboard box out of the bag, and opens it up. He grabs a fork and hands it to me. It is some sort of wok, and the smell almost causes me to drool on the table.

He slides it to me, and I don't hesitate to take a bite. I stuff my face before I manage to swallow, and he laughs as I struggle to bite down. I look at him with disgust--or at least I try to. I'm really too busy eating.

He is acting weird. He's almost... pleasant. His gentle smile and his soft voice compels me to stare as I eat the food.

"You done?" he chuckles as I take my last bite. That took about 2 minutes. I feel my brows frown, as I nod warily.

"You gonna let me go now?" my trembling voice echoes in the room, and his eyes turn confused.

"Let you go?" Collecting the box with a laugh.

"I haven't gotten what I want yet." A wicked flare in his eyes makes me shudder.

"You said you were letting me go," I raise, feeling my body getting warmer. Energy flows through me again, feeling my stomach fill.

"Out of the basement, love," he says with a smirk, and once again, all hope is lost.

"Just tell me what you want... I'll give it to you if you just let me go!" I plead, leaning forward in my seat.

"No. I'm not ready for you to leave. To be honest... I like having you around," he says freely, laying his hands flat out on the table.

"And I wanted you to be comfortable! So I let you come out of the basement."

"The fridge will be stocked and you even get a bed," he points to a door behind me. He's saying all this as if I should be thankful.

"But you are not going anywhere."

I shoot out of my chair, and run to one of the drawers in the kitchen, hoping to find a knife. But they're empty. My heart races as I look back at him, and watch him stand up, walking towards me.

I don't know where the exit is. I have only seen the inside of the basement. I run into the living room again, and frantically look around.

"Claire!" Zayn shouts with an enraged voice from the other room. I feel myself hyperventilate as I see a huge wooden door, at the end of the hallway. That must be the front door.

I look back as I start to run, and Zayn is no more than about 10 feet away. I feel my body fail and collapse on the floor before I reach the handle, and Zayn has his arms on me not long after. I feel myself being lifted up and carried, my body flung over his shoulder. I open my eyes, and I see the wooden floor pass me as he brings me into the bedroom. He throws me down on the bed, and walks to the door.

"You're mine for now Claire, don't you forget it."

The doors shut and I'm left all alone, surrounded by soft sheets and pillows. I take a breath before a smile creeps on my face. I clench my hand around the thing I grabbed from his pocket when he was carrying me.

A phone.

-4 8 6 -2

A/N

Hey guys! Did you like this chapter?:)

Please vote if you did!

I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE BEAUTY AND THE BEAST MOVIE

although i'll probably confuse her with Claire the whole time :')

bye, see you next chapter! xx