Chapter Five♥

“I didn’t think you would actually come.” Jared breathed after he weaved his way through the dancing crowd so he was standing in front of me.

             I crossed my arms over my chest and rolled my eyes, “I guess I couldn’t miss the opportunity to see you dancing like an idiot again.”

             Jared smirked, “You really don’t like me, do you Rochelle?”

            “No, we’re clearly best friends!” I retorted sarcastically and Jared barked out a laugh.

       “Don’t worry, we will be.” Jared said. It was something about the way he said it, with such determination and finality, that my head snapped away from the dancing bodies to meet his eyes. The familiar spark of amusement was hidden in their green depths and for the first time I allowed myself to notice how beautiful his eyes actually were.

             He gazed down at me for a moment, his tall figure towering over my little one even though I was in heels. He suddenly took a step closer and I stepped back a fraction. His lips twitched up in a smile as he took another step closer, but this time he wrapped his arm around my waist to restrict myself from taking a step back.

        “What are you doing?” I asked sharply as he pulled me against his chest and walked backwards so we were in the middle of the dancing crowd. The thick base vibrated around me as the sound of Nelly Furtado’s naisely voice sounded from the large speakers. 

          Jared chuckled throatily, “Relax Jade,” His hot breath fanned across my face and it made the hair at the back of my neck stand up. “I’m not going to molest you in the middle of the dance floor.” His hand pressed against the small of my back and I jolted when it urged my hips from side to side. “I just want one dance.”

            I shoved his hand away from me, “I don’t dance.”

           Jared sighed, “Come on Jade, just one dance, and then I promise I won’t bother you for the rest of the night.”

          I eyed him warily. I thought about his offer for a moment, I really did not want to dance with Jared Felton, but on the other hand I wouldn’t have him annoying me for the rest of the night. “Promise?”

           Jared rolled his eyes and offered me his pinkie, “Pinkie swear.”

         I rolled my eyes as he gave me puppy dog eyes but I entwined my pinkie with his. I couldn’t help but laugh at his childishness and in return he smiled at me, as if he were pleased that I was laughing with him, a real laugh and not a sarcastic laugh.

            He wasted no time in closing the distance between us, one of his hands pressing against the small of my back and the other one winding tightly around my waist. This time I allowed him to pull me against his chest and my eyes widened as I felt his tight muscles beneath his t-shirt. He momentarily removed his hand off the small of my back to grab hold of my hands. He lifted them so they wound around his neck before he returned his hand to his original position.

           His cologne intoxicated my senses and I felt the urge to lean into him just so I could continue to smell the beautiful scent. He smelt amazing, like cinnamon, rain and boy. We swayed from side to side and I was pleased when Jared didn’t try and grind on me unlike all the other teenagers on the dance floor.

         “You look different tonight,” Jared observed, his sea green eyes narrowing. “You’ve straightened your hair.”

             I glanced down at my hair which went just past my boobs when it was straight. It was weird for me to see it down there; I was so used to it being a messy frizz bomb which bounced around my shoulders. I only ever straightened my hair for special occasions, I liked it straight, it was tidy and sleek, but I had to admit I did miss my curly hair. I hated it because it could never be tamed, but my curly hair was sort of my trademark, and I loved it for that.