Pencils are dangerous weapons

I slam my textbooks on the table, not caring or looking to see if anyone is there. I proceed to throw my belongs around in my search for my pencils and my sharpener. "Oh, here is the pack of gum I was looking for!" I mumble as I keep looking for my sharpener. I swear it is in here somewhere. I feel the familiar shape of the sharpener and take it out. I start sharpening the pencil to a point rather menacingly.

"Whoa there!" Aaron shoots out of the table. "You almost severed my fingers!" He wiggles his fingers in front of my face.

"What's got your panties in a twist?" Cody grabs a chair and brings it over to my desk.

"Gross?" Jarod scrunches his nose. "When will you understand that the phrase will never work?"

"It works!" Cody juts his chin out at his brother. "You just don't understand it!"

"Leave the thinking to me. I'm the brains, and you are the...carbon copy of me." He smirks.

"HEY! I'm the brains AND the brawn!" Jarod puffs out his chest.

"I'm not insulting you..." Cody says innocently. "You should be honored you have my sexy looks." He begins to pose in different positions, modeling. Jarod pretends he is a professional photographer in a photoshoot. If I was not so focused on my sharpening, I would have found the situation amusing. The twins argue a lot; their arguments are hilarious.

Meanwhile, all ten of my pencils are sharpened perfectly. They actually look rather deadly. I look around for a target calmly.

"Ahem-" Aaron clears his throat loudly. He tries to inconspicuously nod towards me, though I obviously see it. I choose to ignore him.

"Oh right..." The twins direct their attention at me. "What's got you so riled up?"

"I'm not riled." I shrug. "Why? Does it look I am? I'm the epitome of calm."

"Right..." Jarod looks at me warily. He snatches the pencils from my grasp.

"HEY! WHAT IN HELL ARE YOU DOING! THOSE ARE MY PENCILS. GIVE THEM BACK!" I yell in reaction. Their eyes widen at my outburst. "Uh," I say quietly, "give my pencils back." I reach out to grab them from Jarod. He only leans farther away and puts them behind his back.

"You tend to throw things when you're in a..mood." Cody gulps. "We are just protecting you...and us." He glances at Aaron, giving him a "I'll tell you later" look. I narrow my eyes at them.

"No, I don't." I frown. "Name one situation where I threw things."

"You threw rocks at me once." Cody pipes in. "Might I add, they were huge rocks-the size of my fist!"

"You threw your books at me once." Jarod cocks an eyebrow at me. "Your heaviest books!"

"Don't forget the time when you threw your utensils at both of us. May I remind you that they were stainless steel?" Cody winces at the memory. They both give me identical expressions with their eyebrows raised. "Thank god Jason stopped you before you got your hands on the knives..."

"Aaron, would you like to share your experiences?" Jarod smirks.

"Uh, I'm fine. Thank you." Aaron turns down their offer.

"Wimp." Cody coughs under his breath, earning a dirty glance from Aaron and me.

"It's not like I was going to throw my pencils at you!" I snap. I'm not about to harm a person, though my fingers are itching to find a target. "I'm just a little stressed okay?" Guess what day tomorrow is? No, it's not just tomorrow or Friday. It's freaking the day of the match. I'm psyching myself out. I am NOT ready! I have sports to play, homework to do, tests to study for, and volunteering to go to. Any extra time was for training; I have been getting up early in the morning to run five miles and training at night. I had to find excuses so Jason wouldn't wonder why I was training so intensely. And it wasn't enough! I was terrified that I would lose. I've never went against a girl! In fact, my opponents were always guys who went easy on me! (I did tell them to try their best but they always held back.)

"You want to talk about it?" Aaron frowns.

"No, it's fine." I pout. Guys are not exactly touchy-feely. Plus, I didn't want Aaron to go around telling Drake. They lived together. Although Aaron was now a close friend of mine, I didn't want him blurting out things to Drake. It was immature, but I had been ignoring Drake for the past couple weeks. He was still high on my hate list.

"You've been off the past weeks, and if I didn't know better, I would say you're PMSing." Jarod grins slightly, receiving him a punch in the shoulder from me. "Hey! Watch it. My body is a work of art; it must be in good condition!"

I can't help but chuckle and tease him. "Right..." I slowly scan him bottom to top. "I've seen better." I shrug and start imagining ways I can grab the pencils from him.

The twins automatically gasp in horror together. Their expressions mirroring one another. It is as if I just told them they were God's gift to us, nor were they gorgeous. Oh wait, I did do that. Actually, I implied it.

I can't help but let a smile creep onto my face. They always brought a smile or laugh out of me no matter what.

"Pencils." I stick out my hand.

"Apologize." They cross their arms and give me a scolding look. It's quite unnerving to have them both glaring me down with their bright blue eyes.

"Uh..." I pretend to think thoroughly. "Nope." I smirk.

"Do it." Jarod dangles my pencils in front of my face.

"NUH-uh!" I shake my head stubbornly. I watch Jarod taunt me with the pencils, aiming for the right opportunity to strike.

"You really want to do this?" Cody cocks an eyebrow at me. I swear he arches his eyebrow at me so many times. I blame my brother and his friends influencing him. They all are a masters at controlling their eyebrows.

With my awesome reflexes, I swipe at the pencils before me.

I am not really thinking clearly right now. Of course, my hand hits directly with the very sharpened points...

"FLAMING BUCKETS OF HELLFUDGERS!" I shout, holding my hand and dropping the pencils. It suddenly goes completely quiet. What the?

"Is there a reasons for your sudden interruption Emma?" I hear my Spanish teacher, Mr. Sanchez, say.

Class must have started without me realizing. Whoops.

"No sir. Sorry!" I feel my cheeks warm up from embarrassment.

"Well, what is the answer to question eleven of yesterday's homework?"

"Uh..." I realize none of my Spanish stuff is open or out. "No sé."

He look at me disapprovingly, but chooses to let me off this time. I am so glad he is a chill teacher.

Aaron kicks me under the table.

"What was that for!" I wince and direct my anger at him. All he does is look at me as if I'm the one who is in the wrong! He only sighs.

I hear the twins, Cody and Jarod, snickering at my embarrassing display. I grab two of my pencils and chuck it at their backs, making them cry out in pain.

Serves them right.

I feel the vibration of my phone, indicating a text message.

"One more day..."

-Z

I instantly knew who sent this, creeping me out. How did he freaking know my cell number? It felt like there was a pit in my stomach. Only one more day! There wasn't enough time.

What to do?

Best thing I could think of was nothing. So, I laid my head down on my desk and stared at nothing.

Fun and totally relaxing.

Or Not.

_______________________

A/N

Sorry for the long wait! Tomorrow is my last day of finals! Thanks for the reads:)

Comment

Critique

Vote

I have a new story called Chance encounter that features Kody, who is Jason and Emma's stepmom. Check it out (:

Later and good night!