Chapter 27: We Are That Couple*

Ace's POV:

I finished my sandwich and saw Martin walk through the doorway.

"You went to the gym?" I asked.

"Yeah, Flex Fitness. Max was there," Martin said.

"Really?" I said as I sat up.

"Yeah, we talked," Martin said.

"About what?" I asked.

"Um, you," Martin said.

"What did you say?" I asked through gritted teeth.

"I just said that you cared about her and she said that she cared about you too," Martin said and I groaned.

"Martin, you are such an idiot," I said.

"She didn't take it the wrong way dude. She even said that you cared about her like a friend," Martin said and I sighed.

"You are lucky man," I said, "Very lucky."

I finally decided to text Max. I wanted to take her out to the park so we could hang out and talk. I mean, friends do hang out.

Me: Hey Max.

Max: Hey Ace, what's up?

Me: Are you free tomorrow?

Max: Yeah.

Me: I want to hang out.

Max: What do you have in mind?

Me: I want to take you to the park so we can have a quiet day.

Max: Sounds great.

Me: I am taking my motorcycle and I want you to take yours. And I have a surprise for you.

Max: A surprise? Fun. See you tomorrow.

Me: See you.

I smiled to myself, but I knew that Max liked Caleb. That wasn't going to ruin my mood though.

***

I woke up and went to get ready to pick up Max. I picked a pair of dark wash jeans and a white t-shirt. Then I put on my Converse and got my leather jacket. I went to the garage and got the helmet I made. Whenever I ride my motorcycle, I want the ability to be able to communicate with someone, so I added in a Bluetooth speaker in my helmet. I decided to buy another helmet exactly the same as Max's so I could add in the speaker and give it to her. I then pulled out of the driveway and went to her house. I walked up to the doorstep and pressed the doorbell. Max opened the door and smiled.

"Hey Ace," she said.

"Hey," I said and took a look at her outfit. She was wearing dark wash jeans, a white t-shirt, Converse, and her leather jacket.

"We are that couple," she said laughing, "Except we are not a couple."

"I am not changing," I said chuckling.

"Well I am not either. Who cares?" she said and walked to her motorcycle.

"Here," I said holding out her helmet to her.

"I already have one," she said.

"Well this one has a Bluetooth speaker in it so you can connect it to your phone and talk to people while you are riding on your bike," I explained and she smiled.

"Thanks Ace," she said and hugged me, "Ready to go?"

"Yeah, let's test it out," I said putting on my helmet. I called her and she picked up.