Entry 8)Momma's Little Demons

"Hero" by Skillet
*****************

***
AVA

With nothing but a suitcase full of clothes and my journal inside the dungeon with me, I decided to document what I was going through. Somehow, my pen was still attached to my book. Of course, it was. Now I can document the craziness before I die. Where to start?
I'm currently being held captive inside of a small dungeon with nothing more than a rusty bucket to pee in and a small pile of hay to sleep on. Oh, but lucky me, I still have my suitcase! What a joke. Why would you provide your prisoner fresh clothing but neglect to put them somewhere that even has a toilet? I don't even care about the lack of bed or blankets. If they would've just provided me with indoor plumbing, I'd be as happy as a clam.

One hour easily turned to two, and then two to three. No one came to speak with me again, and no guards kept watch over me. This meant I could try to escape, but the efforts were futile. The very small window was impossible to squeeze through even with my slender body type. Besides that, thick iron bars were covering it, only limiting a tiny bit of the moonlight into the dungeon. The one door in the room wasn't any more useful. It had iron bars even thicker than the window. No amount of my shaking them or throwing my suitcase at them would make a difference.

By the time I was giving serious thought to using the rusty pee-bucket, someone finally came clambering down the crooked dungeon hallway. A male voice spoke in a foreign language before he cackled excitedly. Soon enough, he entered the dungeon without even opening the door. Before I could even stand, he magically appeared before me as he grabbed a large chunk of my hair in his hands. As soon as I cried out in pain, we vanished on the spot.

Next, I found myself inside a vast, golden room that stretched as wide and long as a football field. Every inch of the space was adorned with glorious golden designs. The ceiling gleamed with pure gold, adorned with golden and crystal chandeliers hanging every ten feet. Massive columns supported the room, each one crafted from solid gold, as was the floor itself. I couldn't focus on any spot for too long without feeling like I was staring directly into the sun.

My memory of being roughly pulled by my hair returned as I was unceremoniously thrown in front of an enormous table, easily thirty feet long. It curved around itself to form a grand circular golden table at the room's center. Each place at the table was marked by a large throne serving as a chair, many of which were occupied. Only two thrones remained empty.

The most prominent throne belonged to a man who appeared no older than thirty-five. He was strikingly handsome, his golden-brown hair seeming to sparkle amidst the room's opulence. His eyes, the brightest shade of blue I had ever seen, rivaled even Artemis's. Every individual seated at the table, man or woman, radiated beauty in their own unique way. The man at the largest throne was no exception, with eyes that outshone even Loki's in their powder-blue brilliance. Though I wasn't quite sure in this moment why I felt Loki's eyes were prettier. It could have been because of my crushing on him due to my dreams, or, it could have been because every person who possessed these insanely blue eyes were glaring at me.
"Sigyn Narfisdotter," the man at the largest throne announced in a loud voice that echoed throughout the room. "You are brought here today to bring forth your long-ago husband for trial. Do you agree...?"

Sigyn, Sigyn, Sigyn. The repetition of the name grated on my last nerves, yet strangely, it felt as though it could have been my own. This man, I realized, was Artemis' father—Zeus. His grand throne signified his status as king. As Zeus spoke, every person at the table turned their gaze towards me, intensifying the pressure.

A man with slick hair and piercing electric blue eyes directed a heavy glare in my direction. A woman seated in the second largest throne mirrored his disdain. "DO YOU AGREE?" Zeus's voice thundered, the very floor trembling with his anger.
"I... I don't know!" I stammered in reply, fear coursing through me. What else could one say when confronted by a figure from ancient mythology, ready to despise you for reasons you couldn't comprehend?

"THAT IS NOT THE ANSWER I WISH TO HEAR," Zeus thundered, his jaw set in determination. "DO YOU AGREE...?" His words were nearly clenched between his teeth, dripping with expectation.
"Yes! No...Er...I think I do...or don't! Whatever you want me to say, I'll say it!" I shouted as the ground shook horribly and slammed me flat on my back. "Ow," I mumbled pathetically as my head nicely connected with the solid gold floor. I pulled myself up into a seated position and again tried to sit as still as possible.