Chapter Eleven

My eyes fluttered open and I groaned at the sound of Helen shouting my name and the alarm clock blaring away on the nightstand.

"Secret!" She yells again.

It sounded like a rocket set for launch. The entire neighbourhood must have heard and if they didn't then they needed to get their hearing checked.

"What?" I grumble miserably from under the sheets.

"Get up! You're going to be late," She demands loudly and I gripped the cover more tightly, leaving painful fingernail dents in my palm.

I gave an inaudible response, but when she didn't reply I grumbled again louder telling her to go away.

"You have two choices," Helen lectures calmy, "get up and go to school or... spend the rest of your life as an escort."

I snorted, pulling on the sheets even tighter, "They don't have those in the hell do they?"

Helen scowled and walked away and I heard Adam snicker. I tossed the covers from over my head and saw the idiot standing at the door leaning on the door frame.

"Get out your ass!" I snap throwing a pillow at him.

He hit it, sending it tumbling to the floor and left chuckling leaving the door wide open. I cursed under my breath and the alarm clock was still going off. I looked at the time before knocking it off the nightstand. Weak rays of sunshine escaped through the curtain and I threw off the sheets miserably and sat up in bed.

It had only taken an hour to shower and get dressed and I spotted Emmett through his window again when I went back to my room. I still had forty minutes to make it to school and descended the staircase fully dressed in a denim painted jacket and a white shirt, paired with a high waisted denim that didn't fit all that well and a pair of converse. My hair was hidden in another bun and I didn't care for makeup but still added a little mascara to my long lashes, then a little lip balm.

I tossed the black satchel on the countertop before getting the milk for the breakfast cereal. The cereal to milk proportion was off but I dug in nevertheless, eating a spoonful of Cocoa Pebbles that hadn't had a drop of milk on it. I had managed to finish most of it before it was time to leave for school. The kitchen clock flashed 8:30 AM and I left the house in the Beetle, heading out for my unofficial official first day at whichever whisky loving, giant bearded, cigar smoking doofus the school was named after.

The Beetle sped pass Blade's house. There was no motorcycle in the driveway. Helen was still badgering me over the break-in but at least she didn't stick to her threats. Our brawl was less than ladylike and we both wanted nothing more than to put it behind us. The journey was short and the ivory coloured prison looked simply welcoming on the outside but on the inside, it would speak differently. The Beetle rolled into the parking lot which was already crowded by hundreds if not millions of students. Most were in groups gossiping and leaning over cars and I cruised along searching for a parking space in the almost packed parking lot. I had to honk down on the horn to get a bunch of idiots to move out of the way. A parking space appeared down by the end and I approached. A Jeep was parked on the left and a motorcycle on the right. The Beetle came to a halt before I could park.

Have you got to be kidding me?

Annoyed I honked down on the horn causing a disturbance. People were beginning to stare and I shoved my head out the window and hissed loudly at the couple clamped together making out in the parking space.

"Hey! Move it!"

They ceased kissing for a second and looked around, then as if they hadn't been disturbed, resumed sucking out each other's souls through their faces. The girl had fiery red hair and wore a mini dress with flats while the guy was wearing black tees and jeans with a converse. They continued kissing up a storm, neither of them made an attempt to pry away from the other. I shoved my head through the window a second time and hissed.