Thirty-Five

"If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends"

"Are you sure you want to do this?" he checks, sounding uncertain of whether this is the right thing to do, and only making me question the decision

"Are you sure you want to do this?" he checks, sounding uncertain of whether this is the right thing to do, and only making me question the decision. He stands there in his winter gear, looking absolutely divine in his wintery coat, with his blue beanie, but his face is riddled with doubt.

"Wasn't this your idea?" I tut, pulling on my own beigey pink beanie over my head, and using the mirror to get it sitting right. "Whatever we decide, we have to be absolutely sure, because once we agree, there's no real chance of going back," I caution.

The issue being is that we need to get last minute Christmas presents for family and friends, though ideally we want to do it together. For any average couple, this would seem quite an easy task; mundane even - though it's a little different when your partner is Harry Styles. I've been so used to the whole sneaking around thing, in fact, I think I may have mastered it. I've become a pro at techniques like going in seperate cars, body doubles, and fake announced sightings, and was only delighted when Harry suggested that we stop. It can all be quite exhausting.

"I'm completely fine with whatever happens," I announce, certain that I'll be able to handle the outcome of whatever this outing brings. "But I don't want to parade around and be like 'Hey! Hey, look at us! The very famous Harry Styles and I are dating! Take a photo!' I dramatically act out, in a voice not at all like my own.

"Can you please do that again," he asks, the corners of his mouth twitching upwards in a smile, shaking his head at my silliness. "I think it would go down a treat if you were to do that in public."

"What do you even mean?" I ask, trying to remain straight faced. "That was the real me, baby." He playfully pulls off my beanie, messing up my hair, though I catch it before it hits the floor.

"Let's not make this a big thing, but I'm done with the sneaking around, and all the extra effort it takes to even just go to a restaurant with you. Christ, I never realised how tiresome it was to date you."

"I am rather difficult," he announces proudly.

"Have you got the keys?" I ask, as I tie my jacket up, making my way to the car, and he holds his hand up in the air, brandishing the keys.