xiv.

You guys had been at it all day. It finally turned a reasonable time to get dinner so you packed up your things to go. You really liked Sam, but Sam also was very weary of you. He didn't know if he could trust you fully yet.

The closest thing to what he thought you were was an Angel, but that made no sense considering your story. Maybe something like Anna? Where were reborn but that also was little sense to him because you weren't exactly tuned in on Angel radio. So he just had to wait to talk to Cass and Dean.

"Hello, Bullwinkle." Crowley's voice came from behind you and Sam walking to the car. You both turned around, "You miss me?"

"So much." Sam said, getting a knife out from his belt loop.

"Oh, and if it isn't squirrel's pet." Crowley turned to you, "Surprised Moose brought you on his crusade but, alright. I don't think I ever formally introduced myself back at the bar: Crowley, King of Hell."

"Jack ass." You muttered, for taking Dean the way he did. By now Sam had filled you in on everything he had done to Dean. Tricking him into getting the Mark of Cain, converting him into a demon, everything.

"You're here for Dean. I'm here to give him to you." Crowley said before Sam could swing at him.

"What?" Sam asked him to go on.

"Little prat's bad for business. He's... uncontrollable. Must be The Mark." Crowley shrugged, "Anyway, Dean's your problem now- again, forever."

"Then where is he?" Sam urged. He needed his brother back.

"First there's the small matter of my finder's fee."

~

Crowley gave you guys the coordinates to another bar a few towns over. It was said to be closed. Sam didn't want you to go in, he told you to stay in the car but once he went in, you followed him and snuck in behind him.

You hid behind a wall in the entrance hallway. You peaked over only once. There was a lone worker cleaning tables. Dean wore a burgundy shirt and sat at a piano. Sam waltzed right in, staring at him.

"Hiya Sam." Dean eventually must've looked up. You listened in, "Hey Harv, why don't you go grab a smoke?"

You heard who you assumed to be Harv leave out the back door.

"Who winged you?" Dean asked.

"Does it matter?" Sam replied.

"Not really." You could hear how little Dean cared in his voice, "I told you to let me go."

"You know I can't do that." Sam told him, "By the way, your, uh, pal Crowley sold you out."

"Sounds like him." Then what sounded like a piece of wood slid.

"Dean, you don't have to do this. We know how to cure demons, remember that?" Sam seemed to be slightly panicked. You wondered if you should show yourself.

"Little Latin, lot of blood. Rings a bell." Dean said, his voice was moving, "But did you ever stop to think if I wanted to be cured, I wouldn't have bailed?"

"That was Crowley." Was all Sam said. His worst fear for this conversation coming true.

"It really wasn't." Dean replied, pouring something.

"Doesn't matter. Because whatever happened, whatever you did; we will fix it." Sam said.

"Will we?" Dean said, you could practically hear his eye roll, "Because I'm doing all I can not to come over there and rip your throat out... with my teeth."

That scared you. Your heart rate sped up, you felt like it was going to pop out of your chest. You couldn't figure out what it was that made you care so much about this man. This demon.

"I'm giving you a chance, Sam. You should take it." Dean continued.

"I'm going to have to pass." Sam said, quietly. He sounded so defeated.

"Well, I'm not walking out that door with you." Dean said, "I'm just not. So what are you gunna do?" There was a silence. "You gunna bring out that slut I left in Beulah and say I care about her?"

Your heart stopped.

"It's alright sweetheart, you can come on out." Dean said, you hesitated but you walked into the door frame. He wasn't even facing you, but Sam was peeved. You mouthed a sorry to Sam, "Good girl. Your move, Sam. That was a bust, what's next? You gunna kill me?"

"No." Sam said, his eyes dewy and hurt.

"Why?" Dean was shocked, "You don't know what I've done. I might have it coming."

"Well, I don't care. Because you are my brother. And I'm here to take you home." Same said, stepping closer to him.

"Hmm.." Dean kept a straight face, taking a swig of his drink but almost spitting it out from laughing, "'You're my brother, and I'm here to take ya home.' What is this a Lifetime movie?" He kept chuckling, "With your puppy dog eyes. Thanks Sammy, I really needed that."

Sam was hurt, but he tried not to show it. Your own heart was breaking. After all this time and hurt Sam went through to get here to him and this is what he gets. You wanted to make a move but didn't know what to do. Sam did. He pulled out handcuffs with carvings in them.

"You really think those are gunna work?" Dean said, he stopped laughing.

"There's one way to find out." Sam said through his breath.

Then suddenly a smoke bomb came in through the window. The smoke easily fogged up the room, Sam began coughing running toward the exit, he had dropped the cuffs. The smoke had no effect on Dean. He walked straight out the back door. You had time to think about the next move before it hit you. You took in a deep breath and ran past Dean to grab the cuffs on the floor.

You tripped up though, the smoke stung your eyes. You let out your breath and ran back the way you came. You felt the sting in your lungs as the smoke infiltrated them, it choked you. You tried gasping for air but no oxygen was in the air to help you. You felt two hands grab you and throw you through the back exit before blacking out.