i.

The "Nazi" of Seattle Grace Hospital is feared by all interns. No one truly knows who is called by the name until they finally meet. Five interns dressing in the locker room--in which is full of all the interns--discuss their assignment to the resident called "The Nazi." Hadley Andrews, one of the five, is hidden in the corner, awkwardly slipping her blue scrub bottoms over her legs. Hadley Andrews is a pale young woman with dark brown, almost black hair and light brown eyes. She's small and gives off a very innocent aura. On her left arm, burn scars run from her wrist to her shoulder. They are covered by a long sleeved, grey shirt. She listens into the conversation of a small gathering of her fellow interns.

     "You got the Nazi? So did I. At least we'll be tortured together, right? I'm George O'Malley," a young, nervous intern says, his words choppy and spoken with uncertainty. He continues speaking, his words going to another intern with light auburn hair and blue eyes, "Uh, we met at the mixer. You had a black dress with a slit up the side, strappy sandals..."

     He trails off as she looks to a woman of Asian descent. Hadley can't help but hold in a laugh as she watches George's nervous exchange.

     "Now you think I'm gay," he realizes as the Asian walks away. "No, I'm not gay. It's just that, you know, you were, I mean, very unforgettable."

     Hadley takes his struggle of words as a sign to step in. As the woman George was speaking to turns away, Hadley places a hand on her fellow intern's shoulder.

     "You know," she says softly, "I'd probably wait to say more."

     George looks to her with a slight frown before nodding in agreement. "You're probably right," he replies. George offers his hand and introduces himself, "George O'Malley."

     Lightly grabbing his hand and shaking with her pale one, Hadley smiles. "Hadley Andrews."

     "O'Malley, Yang, Grey, Andrews, and Stevens," a doctor outside the door calls. Their heads pop up with the sound of their surnames, and the five quickly walk to the door.

     The Asian looks to the man. "Bailey?"

     "End of the hall," he replies.

     The directions send the eyes of the interns to a short, heavier set woman with dark skin and short, brown hair. She has her head down, writing on a clipboard.

     "That's the Nazi?" the Asian woman questions with disbelief.

     George expresses his disbelief, "I thought the Nazi would be a guy."

     "I thought the Nazi would be...the Nazi," the auburn haired intern tells the group, a calm expression across her face.

     Hadley steps in, sharing her thoughts, "I thought the Nazi would be downright terrifying. Let's not judge a book by its cover though."

     A blonde that Hadley instantly recognizes as Izzie Stevens, a fellow intern that she had met at the mixer, steps forward. "Maybe professional jealousy," she says, walking toward the resident. "Maybe she's brilliant and they call her Nazi because they're jealous. Maybe she's nice."

     "Let me guess," the Asian groans, looking uninterested in the blonde's words, "You're the model."

     Her questions are answered with a stern glare from Izzie before the eager blonde makes it to the group's resident.