Chapter 9

Finally, my last class of the day, statistics, ends on Friday and the week is over. Me being Esme, I of course have no plans whatsoever tonight. I don't think too much into it since it's only my first week of college.

When I walk into the dorm room, Desiree is in the middle of taking a shower. I take this time to change into sweatpants and a tank top, making myself comfortable. Desi exits the bathroom with her pajamas on and a towel wrapped around her brown hair.

"Hey Esme," she says warmly.

"Hey," I greet her back. "Seems like you don't have Friday night plans?"

She laughs at that. "Nope, not tonight. Well I mean my friend invited me to this party her brother is throwing, but I backed out last minute because I just want to relax you know?"

"Yeah, I feel ya." I don't want to admit that I was never invited to anything and didn't have any plans in the first place.

"So what are you doing tonight?" Desiree asks as she combs her fingers through her wet hair.

"I don't know, probably a little housekeeping because I haven't had the time to fully unpack yet."

She tells me that she just finished completely unpacking today when she had a long break between her classes today. "I'll be watching Titanic on Netflix if you want to join me when you're done," she offers.

"I will soon, thanks," I say.

I've already unpacked a little of my clothing from home; I don't have much to sort through since most of it is at home. I didn't even wear anything from my shopping spree with Talie and Axel yet. Now would be the perfect moment to put all the stuff where they belong. I neatly fold my tops and bottoms, placing them neatly in the drawers provided.

By the time my clothing is organized and put in their correct places, it is only 5:30 pm. I take a deep breath of air, thankful that I am finally caught up on what needs to be done. Grabbing my hair tie from around my wrist, I quickly tie my black hair into a messy bun.

I pop a bag of popcorn before plopping on the bed next to Desiree.

"It's only 45 minutes in, you haven't missed anything major," she informs me.

"Great, the beginning isn't that eventful anyway," I say with a smile.

During the movie, my phone vibrates and I unlock it to read the message:

Natalie: I'm coming over. What's your dorm room number in building C?

Me: C410. Desiree and I are watching movies so you can join us.

Natalie: Who's Desiree...?

Me: Roommate, remember?

Natalie: Oh, right. Be there in 20!

Me: Alright beb, see ya.

We have thirty minutes left of the movie when there's a knock on the door. Knowing it's Talie, I tell Desi to continue watching the movie until I get back.

After looking through the peephole, I open my dorm door and frantically attempt to hurry Talie in.

"Damn girl, what's the rush?" she asks.

"You're interrupting the best part of Titanic!"

I guide her to Desiree's bed, where I quickly introduce them to each other.

"Desiree this is Natalie, my best friend. Talie, this is Desiree, my new roommate."

"Nice to meet you! Sorry I'm not presentable," Desiree kindly says to Talie.