Chapter 34: Insult

I'm awoken by the excited shrills of the servants and I can't help but wonder the hell was going on.

Who dared disturb my beauty sleep?

"Princess Hara, it's time for you to wake up. We got so many things to prepare for the celebration later!" Areum exclaimed.

"What? I want to sleep more..." I groaned as I flip over to the other side.

"Today is the big day for the New Year celebration!" She reached for my arms and dragged my body out of the bed.

As usual, it started with a morning bath but today there were lots of rose petals on the tub and the fragrance of the rose kind of liven up my mood.

"Wow... it looks exactly like the spa I went to last year with my friend!" I excitedly squealed.

Rin, who was already in the shower room shared confused looks with Areum as they judges me silently.

Dang it! I said something weird again!

I smiled at them awkwardly as I walk over to the tub. "I'm ready." I said as I waited for them to take off my sleeping clothes.

"Today you will be the most beautiful woman in Goryeo!" Rin nodded happily as she came over to help me.

"Well... Queen Yoo and Queen Hwangbo first though..." Areum corrected timidly and I made a weird face.

"Why them?" I asked cluelessly.

"Because they are the King's wives! So they must be the most beautiful women." Areum declared confidently.

Hmm... Then if Prince Wang Yo becomes the King, will I be the most beautiful woman then?

I suddenly had an evil plan.

"Come on, there's not much time to waste!" They both helped me in to the bath tub and washed my body for me.

After wards, there was a few sets of outfits waiting for me in my room. The first outfit was the most heaviest as I stared with my mouth agape at the amount of layers hidden.

"A-are you saying I must wear ALL of these?!" I was overwhelmed by the amount of traditional clothes they have in Goryeo.

"What are you saying Princess Hara? These clothings doesn't even compare to what the Queens wear!" Both servants chuckled as they each grab a clothing to start the dressing for me.

"What?!" I yelped.

You mean the Queen had to wear more? If that's the case maybe I don't want to be Queen anymore...

I became a mannequin for the next one hour as the weight of the clothing increases as each piece covered another. I had to style up my hair as well and there were lots of hair accessories to wear.

"Let's put this pin on, my Princess." Areum stuck the butterfly pin that Prince Wang Yo had gifted me in to my hair.

I can't believe it had been so long since he last gifted me this. I remembered it was my first gift from him before he left for royal missions.

A fluttery feeling warms up in my chest and I secretly smiled to myself. Even though Prince Wang Yo could be mean and scary, but he has his caring and loving side too. Now I really hope I could see them all before I return back to Seoul...

The servants supported me out of my room to where the Queen and all the Princesses gathers. We arrived at the balcony and everybody were already sitted by the designated tables.

Queen Yoo turned to look at me in disgust as Queen Hwangbo smiled to welcome me. Princess Yeon Hwa was still feeling awkward ever since I found out Prince Wang Yo bought the same hairpin for the both of us.