five

All his life, Elijah Mikaelson had been conditioned to think that his younger brother Niklaus was the monstrous one

All his life, Elijah Mikaelson had been conditioned to think that his younger brother Niklaus was the monstrous one. Elijah had believed that he was the noble original – the brother who didn't have a single sadistic bone in his body. It was only in more recent times that he discovered that this was, in fact, incorrect.

His sharp, canine like fangs buried themselves into her neck, ripping through her jugular vein to get to the crimson liquid that not only satisfied his bloodlust, but gave him all that he had. The woman didn't even attempt to fight the vampire as he ripped into her neck.

In her drugged up state, part of her found it pleasurable, the other part wanted nothing more than to scream for help, to stop him from feeding off of her, but that was not possible to due to his compulsion.

Elijah let her limp body fall to the floor carelessly as her heart took its final beat. Pulling the crisp handkerchief from the breast pocket of his jacket, he wiped the blood surrounding his lips before letting the now stained white cloth fall to the floor next to the woman's corpse.

The Original grabbed his coat as he headed towards the door, briefly checking himself out in the mirror to ensure there were no blood stains before swinging the door open and exiting.

He took the stairs down to the lobby, not having the patience to wait for the elevator to reach, where he quickly approached the reception desk.

"Mr. Mikaelson!" The young woman behind the desk looked up at him nervously. "How can I help you?"

"I'm going to need you to send housekeeping up to my room."

"I'll let them know."

"I don't think you understand me," he leant over the desk and locked eyes witch her as he began his compulsion. "I need them to clean up my mess now, and I need them to stay quiet about whatever they see. Am I making myself clear?"

"Crystal," she spoke monotonously as she reached for the phone to dial housekeeping.

"Excellent."

"Is there anything else I can do you for today, Mr. Mikaelson?"

"No, that will be all. Thank you," Elijah turned on his heel and walked away from the reception desk, shrugging on his thick coat as he walked.

The elevator dinged loudly as it reached the ground floor, the metal doors slowly opening; he didn't even have to turn around to know who had just exited the small metal box.

"Hey," Victoria greeted casually, unaware of the events that had taken place in his room. "You ready to go?"

"After you," he gestured towards the hotel's heavy glass entry doors.

Her heels clicked against the hard wooden floors, subconsciously wrapping her tan coat around her petite body as she stepped over the threshold.

"Remind me, where did we leave off last time?"