The Lodger (pt 2) / Court (pt 2)

When I arrived, I was able to notice that I was in the spare room the Doctor was currently occupying in Craig's house, and that it was currently empty.

Even though I knew what should happen, I was too delirious to think straight enough—and only thought about the fact that something must be off if I was far from the Doctor when I landed. My worries were not assuaged at all when I heard a strange jumble of noises coming from outside, not being able to sort them out through the piercing in my brain.

"Doctor?" I asked, my voice strained, stumbling out of the room and into a hallway I was unfamiliar with.

I had closed my eyes at this point, the light streaming from the outside possibly making my symptoms worse—but it wasn't long before I felt slightly wet hands on my face. "Nova? Are you alright?"

The only noise I could get out was—"Um," before covering my eyes with my hands, decided that just closing them wasn't enough. "Lights."

The Doctor took it upon himself to hug me, bringing me in to his chest so the light was further blocked from me. Blocking the light must have helped a lot more than I thought, because I was able to come back to my senses enough to notice that the Doctor's chest was bare and damp, and pulled away blushing only after a few moments.

I was finally able to take in my surroundings properly. "Um, hi," I waved, smiling shyly, noticing Craig coming down the staircase very slowly—taking his time to stare at the peculiar sight before him—which would be a shirtless Doctor in only a towel hugging a well-dressed girl he didn't know.

"Oh, hello—I'm... Craig." He approached me slowly, stretching out his hand to me.

"Nova," I smiled again, shaking his hand back. "Sorry, I just got here and, um... I get really bad migraines and faint from them sometimes, so..." I stumbled, making up an excuse for the awkward sight.

"Oh, no, it's no problem! Was just wondering what... that was all about." Craig chuckled nervously. "Nova, right—The Doctor said you might be coming."

"He did?" I asked, looking to the Doctor.

"I did," the Doctor confirmed, before stepping over to the staircase, and holding Craig's toothbrush up to it. "But that's not important now—what happened, did you speak to the man upstairs?"

"Yeah," Craig confirmed. "Is that my toothbrush?"

The Doctor was about to interrogate further, when the sound of Craig's phone ringing interrupted from the kitchen.

When Craig left to answer it, I took the toothbrush from the Doctor's hand, walked over to the restroom, and swapped it for the sonic screwdriver in the toothbrush holder. I closed the door and held it out to him. "I hope you know that from now on I am only referring to this as your toothbrush."

"What, to go with the evil saltshakers?" The Doctor teased, reminding me of the first time I met the daleks and called them saltshakers. He took his sonic from me.

"I can't believe you remember that," I giggled, before slowly starting up the stairs. "So what's up there?"

We were interrupted further speculation of the second floor again, when this time the front door opened.

"Oh, uh, hello!" A friendly voice chirped, revealing Sophie carrying the mail and some milk.

"Ah! Hello, the Doctor!"

Sophie didn't do a very good job of hiding how she looked the Doctor up and down—but to be fair, he didn't notice, and was only wearing a towel. She only managed a small—"Right."