Chapter 18- Shaking My Head

I want to dedicate this chapter to eveyone who follows me!!♥

******************************************

*Keyanna*

I woke up with the worst headache I've had in my entire life. It hurt just to open my eyes. I gained enough strength to get up, deciding to go get some medicine. I moved at the pace of a snail, as I made my way to the door. It wasn't until I reached the door, that I finally realized that I wasn't in my room. I took a step back and looked around the room. Nothing in it looked familiar to me. I had absolutely no idea where I was.

Before I began to panic, I tried to think back to everything I had done yesterday. I tried my hardest to remember, but nothing was coming to my mind at the moment. For some odd reason, I felt calm. I didn't feel like I was in any danger. I didn't know what to do at this point. I could go out and look for someone, or I could wait for someone to come in the room looking for me.

Against my better judgement, I decided to go lookind around. I figured that if I was actually in danger, being in the room was just as bad as being outside of it. I slowly opened the door and peeked my head out. I didn't see anyone, so I quietly made my way out the room. I was creeping along, trying my best to remain unnoticed. 

"When did you get up?" I heard a voice ask from behind me. I was only a few steps away from a couch in the living room. I turned around and was relieved to see that it was only Mel. As soon as I looked at him, everything that happened yesterday came to my mind all at once. I remembered going to the park, fighting August's potential baby mama, and then going to the trap. Next,  I remember August singing to me and then I remember leaving to go to the store with Mel. All the anger from last night returned when I thought about Mel telling me that he was the one who killed Kendrick. After that point, my memory gets a little fuzzy. I still don't remember how I ended up in this house.

"Where am I?" I questioned. I took a seat on the couch because my head started to hurt even worse than before.

"A good friend of mine stays here," he simply responded.

"Why are we here? I have to get back to Kim," I stated, suddenly thinking about my sister.

"She's in good hands. Aug and Denzel ain't gon' hurt her. I brought you here because...... I need a favor," Mel said slowly. He had walked over and took a seat by me on the couch. He was truly out of his mind if he thought I would do anything to help him after what he told me last night. I was about to tell him to take me to Kimberly,  but I heard someone come out the kitchen. I turned and noticed that it was Ace. I looked back at Mel to see what his reaction would be. I was shocked to see that his face remained emotionless. I expected him to get mad or sad, or show some type of emotion. I didn't know what to do or say, so I simply remained silent.

"Long time no see Keyanna," Ace spoke as he sat on the other side of me. I scooted closer to Mel. Even though I was made at Mel, I'd rather sit next to him than next to Ace. I was extremely confused now. Why was Mel just sitting there? I thought this whole time he was trying to kill Ace. Now was the perfect time for revenge and he wasn't doing anything.

"You scared of me ma?" Ace questioned. He had an amused look on his face. I didn't reply to him. I simply glanced at him before turning to look at Mel. I need an explanation.

"Mel, why aren't you doing something?" I asked. He knew how we all felt about Ace, especially August. He had been trying to get Ace for a while now. Had I been here with August, Ace would have been dead the moment he stepped in the room.

"I take it he hasn't told you yet," Ace said with a smirk.

"Told me what?" I asked, becoming even more confused than I already was. I watched as Mel just looked at me. His face was full of guilt.