Calming the Beast(Gregor Clegane x fem!Stark reader)

They say there is a way to soothe even the most savage of beasts. But, when talking about Ser Gregor Clegane, there seemed to be no way of calming the rage. Until he met you. There was something about your presence that made the people around you much more tranquil including the Mountain. You were the only one of your siblings that did not seem to have the famous Stark temper and it rubbed off on others. The entire city of King's Landing would soon realize it as well.

You were sitting near your father and sisters at the joust when it happened. Gregor attacked Ser Loras, nearly taking his head off. Before he could do any real damage, Gregor's brother got in between the two knights, blocking Gregor's blow that would have almost definitely ended the life of the Knight of the Flowers. The two brothers fought with a determination you'd never seen before. Still, someone had to stop it. The king stood and bellowed for the two to stop. No one noticed you getting up and heading down to where the two men were.

Gregor swung his sword around, stopping just short of taking your head off. You were so intent on stopping him, you did not notice that his blade cut your arm. He moved to stomp away, but one small sound stopped him. "Ser Gregor," was all you said, causing him to stop in his tracks. He glared at you before grunting and walking away a bit more slowly. You rolled your eyes and turned back to Sandor. Everyone's eyes were on you, but they were all holding their own conversations.

"Yer bleedin'," Sandor told you as he stalked off. "Thank you," you muttered back, looking down at your arm to see the blood running down. You headed back to the Red Keep where you hoped to tend to your wound. You found a wash basin and attempted to wash the injury when you suddenly felt a hand on your shoulder, causing you to jump. You gazed up to find Gregor there. He still wore his usual scowl but it didn't look as though he wanted to kill you.

Silently, Gregor took the cloth from your hand and washed your wound. No words were exchanged between you. You felt your heart pounding in your throat. You didn't want to say or do anything to set him off. You knew Gregor's temper was worse than anything you'd ever seen and you certainly didn't want to be on the receiving end of it.

The giant man finished his task and you watched with curiosity and distrust at how careful he was being. Until he tied a bandage around your wound. He pulled it too tightly, causing you to wince. His face showed nothing. He simply shrugged and turned away. "Thank you!" you called before he was out of earshot. He stopped and gazed over his shoulder at you. Grunting, he gave you a quick nod and walked away.

"Y/N!"you heard your father call. You looked at him with a smile. "Are you alright?" Once he made sure you were in fact fine, your father began to scold you. He told you how reckless and dangerous what you had done was. How The Mountain could have killed you with his bare hands if he'd had a mind to. You let what he was saying go in one ear and out the other. Your mind was clouded with thoughts of the man. "Maybe," you thought to yourself,"Just maybe, all he needs is a friend. Someone who can help him with that temper of his." You didn't realize how naive you were being until much later, after Gregor had killed Prince Oberyn Martell so violently.