~Chapter 3~

Patrick's POV:
I woke up and looked at the black electric clock that was on top of the nightstand. It said 8:30 am. Vera's arms were wrapped around my waist with her head laying on my chest. She was still asleep, but she was cute when she slept. I started to rub her cheek back and forth gently with my thumb. Her eyes started to open her eyes slowly and I continued to rub her cheek. "Hey, good morning" she said with a small smile on her face. "Good morning beautiful". She looked at me and kissed me. "What do you want to do for breakfast?" I asked her with a soft tone. "I still have to go grocery shopping, babe. Can we go after we eat?" she asked. "Ya that's fine". She sat up and rolled off the bed. I got up and stretched my arms out and made the bed. She walked to the bathroom and brushed her hair and washed her face. I went down stairs and sat on the couch, watching TV. She came downstairs and walked up to me and stood in front of the TV. I looked at her and she looked at me with her raised eyebrow. What did I do to deserve this woman. She is so hot and flawless. Vera was definitely my one and only...forever. She folded her arms and said "Were gonna have to get breakfast out Patrick!" She giggled. I stood up and walked over to her. "Ya of course, where do u wanna go?". "Anywhere" she said. "Okay get dressed, we're gonna go and get breakfast, then we're gonna go food shopping..okay?" "Ya that's sounds fun...another date with you" she gave me a smirk. I unfolded her arms and held them. I kissed her and she kissed me back. "I love you". "I love you too". We walked upstairs and took a nice shower.

When we were finished taking a nice shower and getting dressed, we got into the car and drove to a place called "Meemom's" I heard that they had great tasting food. I parked the car and walked inside with her holding my hand. We didn't have I wait at all, they served us right away. Vera ordered waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, and I ordered pancakes with blueberry's. After we finished eating, I payed the bill and walked out with my queen farmiga. "You wanna drive?" I asked Vera. "Ya, I'll drive" she took the keys and started the car. She rolled down the windows and opened the sunroof that had sunshine coming through it. She was my sunshine everyday. Vera drives like a bad-ass. She always has one hand on the steering wheel, and her other hand would be out the window with her elbow being placed on top of the opening where the window rolls up. She drives like me, I do the same exact thing. I giggled to myself. "What are you giggling at? she asked with her own little giggle leaving her mouth. "Oh... its just that you drive exactly like how I do, its kinda funny." I said with a grin on my face. She glanced at me and rolled her eyes with a smile. Our favorite song came on the radio, "Break My Stride" by Matthew Wilder. We sang the song together in unison until we got into the store parking lot. She drove to Whole Foods Market to go grocery shopping. She parked the car in reverse and we walked in. I got a cart and I followed her around the store getting whatever she needed, or what she wanted.

Next to the grocery store there was a "Kay Jeweler's" I brought enough cash to buy a ring without Vera knowing I did. But I also had money for groceries, of course! Vera walked up to an isle and she suggested for me to pick out whatever kind of veggies I wanted. After I picked the veggies out, I rushed over to her with a bag of them. I put them in the cart and said to her "I'll be right back, I need to use the restroom" "okay" she answered. I lied to her, but I really wanted to go get her that ring she always wanted. I never lie to her but I wanted to get it before it's out of stock, or something like that. I walked out of the store with out being noticed by Vera. I quickly walked across the street and went into Kay Jewelers. I walked over to the counter of all the diamond rings with a silver band wrapped around the 3 diamonds. She always wanted that ring. "Hi, I would like to purchase that diamond ring right there with the silver band wrapped around the 3 diamonds, please" I asked the woman on the other side of the counter. "Yes! Or course, what size sir?" she asked me. "I'm pretty sure she is a size 5". "Okay follow me sir to purchase the ring." I followed her and she went to the cashier and plugged in the number that was attached to the ring. It was a sticker but she took it off after putting the numbers in.

"Okay sir the total in all is going to be $3,987." She told me. I paid for it with no hustle. "Thank you!" I said while the woman handed me a small bag with the ring inside a small black box. I walked out of the store with the bag and put it tightly in my hidden jacket pocket. I walked back into Whole Foods and luckily she was still there. Just in a different isle. "Oh hey, I'm back" I said when I found her. "Oh hey hun" she said and I kissed her cheek. "Okay so I picked out some fruits, more veggies and some produce. Oh! And also some water and Orange juice because I know you love Orange juice." "Haha I do love my Orange juice in the morning" I said with a giggle. We finished grocery shopping and checked out. I paid the young man at the cashier. I packed the food in the brown paper bags and put them in the cart. I pushed the cart outside and walked toward the car. Vera was walking in front of me with the keys in her hands. She unlocked the car and we both packed the car with the bags. When we were done I put the cart to the side and sat in the car and started it. I drove us back home and brought the bags from the garage. Vera started putting the bags on the counter and put the things where they belonged. I, on the other hand, was putting away the ring I bought, upstairs were Vera will never find it. I put it in a different bag and hid it in my closet behind boxes. I put it a specific box that had Patrick's shoes" written on it. But there wasn't any shoes in it. I just wanted to make sure she won't go in that box, or even find it.  I was finished hiding it and went downstairs and saw Vera in the kitchen still putting the groceries away. I helped her and then we both sat on the couch cuddling and watched TV together. I can't wait to make her my wife. The voice in his head said. He smiled, and looked at her.