Reunion

When he next came too, the first thought he had was that he was sick and tired of being knocked out. What was wrong with blind folding him? Or tying his hands behind his back? His head ached on the edge of his consciousness and he felt oddly heavy, as though someone had filled his limbs up with sand. For all he knew, they had. Yet the more he came closer to full awareness, the more he realized, with some surprise, that whatever he was laying on was very soft. Dungeons don't feel soft. And surely if they had taken the time to knock him out they would have wanted him in some cell or other.

But it wasn't just a faceless 'them' that had knocked him out.

It had been Midna.

He opened his eyes.

Hovering above him was the very face he had just thought of; elegant, regal, and beautiful. Cat-like orange eyes met his. Long orange tresses dripped on his bare chest. Bare?

She smiled.

"Ah, the beastie has awakened."

He scowled, feeling each muscle in his face remembering how to work. "Don't call me that. Where's my clothes?"

"You tell me."

For a brief, horrifying minute he thought he had transformed back naked, but even as he glanced down he saw his trousers and groaned for another reason. His clothes, his mail, his weapons—all back with Zelda, in Lanyru's spring. Three stupid points for him.

He settled a none too happy glare on Midna.

"What was that for? And where are we?"

"What was what for?"

"You know what, don't play coy with me."

She giggled, and it was the same sound as he remembered. "Don't ask too many questions. It may confuse your little brain."

"I'm already confused, now where are we?"

"My palace." she purred.

Something unpleasant tickled the back of his mind. Midna was acting very odd; very pleased with herself. Had he just never seen this side of her? No, he had seen her pleased many time, and always it was the same, impish grin and the same mischievous giggle. So why did her character still seem so off? He frowned and took in his surroundings for the first time. Turquoise and black drapes surrounded him and the window he could see on a black stone wall. The softness he was feeling was a bed beneath him, and with a jolt in his stomach that had nothing to do with Midna's odd behavior, he took notice of the situation they were in. Him, half naked, on a large silky bed that was mostly likely Midna's, with the owner herself stretched out long and lithe besides him.

The images popping in his head made it very hard to concentrate. She wasn't wearing her long, hooded cloak and he could see the entire stretch of her legs.

The worst part was, he couldn't tell with the Twili whether they were dressed or not.

Doing his best to ignore all this, including the extra speed to his thumping heart, he asked, "Where is she?"

"Who?"

"Goddesses, Midna, the winged girl! Luna! And why did you bring me here anyways? It's rather..."

Her smirk, if possible, widened. He could see the little fang poking out once more past her lips.

"Oh, her. What an ironic name, Luna. Did you name her that?"

"Yeah."

"Well, she's just...resting up, somewhere else. And don't you like it here? I thought it would be more comfortable."

Catching his eyes trailing up her hip, he shook his head and sat up. Comfortable was far from what he felt. The tight tingling of his instincts had started making him suspicious. This sensation had always come up when he was on the verge of a puzzle or a monster waiting in ambush. Something was amiss.

Yet, this was Midna...beautiful, elegant Midna, just lounging next to him on a soft bed. Even as his insides trembled, he wondered what he was complaining about. Isn't this what he wanted? Isn't this what he had dreamt of?

His uneasiness wouldn't leave.

"Midna...why did you bring me back here? You know I don't belong here. Besides, you don't mind the land of the light, if I remember right."

Her smile finally stiffened.

"I just have a small qualm with the sun, that's all. It doesn't agree with my complexion."

His nerves went on end. The sun spirit. "Since when has that been the case? What did you do to get on the sun's badside?"

"What is up with you?" She sat up, her smile gone. "I know that look. You don't trust me."

"What did you—"

"Stop it. You're starting to annoy me." She crossed her legs tantalizingly close to his own. The smile returned, but not her usual smirk, but sultry, tempting. "Just relax. Everything will make sense soon. I just need your help with something, that's all."

Heat crawled up from deep within him and into his face as she leaned towards him. He could feel her breasts now, pressing softly into the side of him. A voice in his head started shouting in warning, but his thoughts had started tripping over themselves and jumbling into knots. If she had a qualm with the sun where she had none before—but, how interesting, her skin really was two toned—but the sun was so protective of Luna. Sweet, innocent Luna, probably hurt somewhere...

"Wh-where is—"

"Really, Link. You should stop being so fussy and just, you know, catch up on old times with me. How's life?"

"Uh, yes? No—wait, what?"

She laughed, high and tinkling. "What have you been up to? Have you gotten a girlfriend yet? How about that Ilia girl?"

"I-Ilia? No. No, she's...she's on a manhunt."

"A manhunt?" she snorted. "Are there even any single men in that hovel you call a town?"

He could feel her breath now, whisping across his neck, so he forgot to smart at her slander of his home. Her hair was tickling his arm and shoulder now and again he wondered what kind of clothes Twili wore. He could feel his spine melting into itself, wanting to lie back down as one of her slender feet touched his own.

"Not really." he said.

"Then how is she on a manhunt? Unless the hunt is after you."

"Um...no. No, not really."

"I don't blame her. I've been very lonely this past year. So lonely."

Something was so off with this picture. But aw, Din, he couldn't think straight anymore. This couldn't be real. It was just too good. This was...this was...

Then, somehow, he was down again.

And Midna was upon him, lowering her lips onto his own. He had never really kissed before. Once when Ilia and he had been five they had pecked each other with their mouths all stained with candy, but wasn't there a rule that anything before the age of ten didn't count? Besides, it was nothing like this, all hot and smooth. He found himself moving in time to her, as though he had known this rhythm all his life. And though the warning still whirred in his head, he had lost his mind completely. All that existed was her lips, her strange, hard warmth, and the soft murmurs of his name. Now should be the time that he told her everything: about how much he thought of her, of how he missed her, of how he wanted to change the laws that said beings of light and beings of twilight could never mingle; he wanted to tell her he--

A keening, heavenly sound snapped him back to awareness.