Chapter 7

A/N: Hey guys here is a day late update because I had just gotten back from a camp. Also I had accidently put this chapter up along with chapter 6 so some of you maay have read this but please bare with me:) haha x

CHAPTER 7 

Someone please explain to me how does a muddy, dirty obstacle course have to do with academics? The backstage crew lined us up and I was second last, in front of Rose. Elliott introduced the show as usual and explained how the game would work.

Simply, he would get each girl to choose a small envelope out from a box and on that card would be a subject, such as English or Science, and then he would read out the question on the card inside the envelope. If a girl got the question right she was safe and just had to move to the back of the line. If the girl got the question wrong she would have to take part in the messy obstacle.

An air horn was blown and the game began with Lindsay at the front.

I watched as she selected an envelope and Elliot announced that the subject she had chosen was History.

"In what year was the first landing on the moon?" Elliot asked. These questions were so easy! I thought.

I watched Lindsay and she looked puzzled, "Uh, 1980?"

Elliot shook his head, "I'm sorry that's incorrect. I'm afraid you'll have to walk the course."

And so I watched on the big screen setup Lindsay walk the court. She squealed and carried on like something was attacking her.

The girls in front of me kept answering the questions wrong, which were incredibly easy, and when they went through the obstacle course made a big fuss. I thought Elliot and America would love this. To see all the girls get down and dirty.

Finally it was my turn and I pulled out and envelope. Elliot read out the subject which was English.

"Who was the author of the novel Oliver Twist?"

I smiled briefly, "Charles Dickens."

Elliot sighed, "That is correct, the first one today. You may go to the end of the line."

I walked past all the muddy girls and waited for Rose to have her turn.

Her subject was Science and was asked for the chemical equation for water.

"H2O," she answered simply and walked to the end of the line.

The game continued on for five hours which included water breaks, lunch breaks, Elliot having a meltdown and a shouting match at the other girls.

I don't know why he was so angry seeing all the other girls going through the course.

I didn't have to go through the course at all but Rose had to go through once after making a mistake on a music question, "What is Binary form?"

She went through the course carefully though and only her bottom half was muddied.

I finally found out why this made Elliot so mad was when we wrapped up the game and huddled around Elliot like we were students and he was the teacher.

Then all the giggling girls tensed when they saw Xavier stand next to Elliot. They couldn't do anything about it as the cameras were still rolling.

Xavier smiled at the girls, "That was good fun seeing you guys take part in that and it shows that most of you aren't afraid to get dirty and have some fun."

I saw Lindsay look my way and send me an evil smirk.

"But," and all the girls surrounding me tensed ready for the big blow, "my parents have high standards for me and the girl who would be my date would have to pretty smart. This means that Annabelle Kennedy will be granted immunity for this week as she answered the least amount of questions wrong."