Chapter 16

{Characters in picture: Gwyneth Paltrow as Denise Marks & Colin Firth as Steven Marks (Stacey's parents)}

{Song in video: FLETCHER - Wasted Youth}

"Where is this place again?" Chelsea asked as we got in the taxi. We were on our way to the business charity event.

"It's at a hotel nearby," I said.

It snowed a little the past few days, but it stopped now, at least for the time being. It was still chilly, so we wore winter clothes.

Chelsea wore a black dress, black pantyhose, and a brown coat. I wore an ivory sweater dress, gray coat, plaid tights, and black boots.

A few minutes later, we arrived in front of the hotel.

"So what do we do at these types of things?" Chelsea asked as we walked inside.

"Um, donate money..." I said, trying not to laugh.

The room was a decent size. There were a lot of white tables and chairs to sit at, and there were also plates, silverware, and glasses set up. Everyone was dressed in business clothes, which thankfully Chelsea and I were too.

I looked around and noticed my parents talking to a few different people. I decided to wait until they were done talking to them.

"Good evening," my mom said to us, smiling, and then giving us a hug.

"Hello," my dad said, giving me a slight smile.

"Is there anything I can do to help out?" I asked them.

"Not at the moment." My dad glanced around. "Just in case you didn't know already, there are seating arrangements. There are papers in the back that says where you sit."

"Oh okay." I nodded. "Well, I'll let you to get back to whatever you were doing. Mr. Havens and some of my coworkers will be coming."

"Excellent. Thank you very much, Anastasia." He smiled, and then him and my mom walked over to a couple of people.

Chelsea and I went over to the back to see where we were assigned to sit.

"Hey, we're assigned to the same table," Chelsea pointed out.

"So is Mr. Havens," I said, grinning.

She grinned. "That's awesome." Then, she had a straight facial expression. "Yeah, and I just noticed Dave is also assigned at our table."

"Oh really?" I looked over at the paper, and sure enough, Dave's name was on it.

"I see Mr. Havens." She pointed across the room at him talking to a few people.

"We should go over there."

"Sure." She shrugged, and we started walking towards Mr. Havens.

Right before I got to him, I heard a voice behind me say, "Stacey."

I turned around, and noticed Dave standing there. "Hey," I said to him.

"Hey." He smiled. "So how have you been?"

"I've been doing well. How about yourself?"

"I've been doing great. My business is growing, so everything is good."

"That's great." I grinned. "I knew you could do it."

"Yeah." He glanced around, and looked back at me. "Well, I just wanted to see how you were doing. I have to talk to some people, but I'll see you later." He smiled, and walked away.