Chapter Eight

As Jace

~

We toppled over, I heard a humph as he fell to the ground taking me with him. I sobbed into his chest as he pulled me into his arms, stroking my hair softly.

"Hey shh it's okay..it's okay" I shook my head still crying and he sat up making me sit on his lap, covering my face into his broad chest.

Still in that position I almost screamed at him. "Why the hell did you leave! Without a word-or or a goodbye or a-anything!" I slammed my fist onto his chest and he chuckled lowly.

"I'm sorry. It's just I didn't want to cause any commotion. You mom wanted to leave quietly" I nodded and kept sobbing. After a while I calmed down and hugged him tightly.

"I-I missed you" I sniffled a bit.

"I missed you too Em" I smiled  as with his thumb he wiped away a tear from my face.

"Where have you been?"

"Well you know, since your Mom, My Dad and I along with little Alex ran away due to the situation..we've been with the rouges. They are not as bad as rumors have said actually"

Rouges. Wait someone said something about rouges..Kya was thinking.

That's when I gasped realizing something. "You have got to get out of here. Now!" I sensed him tilting his head.

"Whys that? After all these years ol' Jace gets a 'go away'?"

"He's gonna kill you" I whispered lowly. He then grabbed at my chin making my head jerk up at him.

"Who's gonna kill me? Rouge warrior" I heard him moving, most likely flexing his muscles.

"Stop joking around he's gonna-"

I heard a loud growl and a scent. I immediately stiffened and so did Jace. I felt his arm grip around my waist protectively.

"Who are you?" Ryder's voice came, sounding as a threat.

"That depends who's asking" Jace spat back. I heard someone's heart slow and I scrambled.

"J-Jace run!" I yelled.

"Em I got it he's only one man" he stood up gently putting me down and putting me behind him.

"He's called for mo-" I was cut off by a door opening and snarls and growls. Jace stiffened and snarled back.

"Fine coward call your army to beat up a rouge, got to go" he picked me up with one swift movement, carrying me bridal style. I yelped as he stared to run with inhuman speed. I heard a howl from behind us and more feet patting the forest ground.

We went through twist and turns I couldn't keep up that Jace was going so fast.

"Jace! Don't he's gonna kill you, you mad man!"

"Not if he doesn't catch me" he jumped up and kept jumping, I could only imagine we were jumping from tree to tree. That's when I heard them. They were gaining on us.

" You need to stop! The punishment will only be worse if you keep running" he growled at my words and kept going. He jumped down in an effort to get away and I heard the whistle of an arrow. The whistle stopped below us and I heard a yelp.

It hit him. He stumbled foreword making us topple over. I groaned feeling contact with the ground and my wrist. I sniffed around as we stopped, trying to find him. Eventually I did and I scrambled over to him. "Jace!" He groaned again and I put my hands on his chest.

I went to his leg and felt blood.

N-No! No Dylan! I'm..I'm not letting go of you!"

"I'm dying Emmy..go before they catch you.." I felt his heart start to slow down and he wiped a tear from my cheek. "Go.."

"N-no! I-i can't! You can't! Y-you can't l-l-leave me!"

I shook my head and found that my scarred eyes were filling up with tears again. The memory. It was coming back again.

"J-Jace your okay...your okay you're fine-"

"Not for long" a voice cut in again and made me shudder. He found us. I heard him angrily walking over and then I heard him kick into Jace, who groaned with hurt at impact.

"S-stop it your hurting him" Jace got another kick. I smelled more blood.
"Stop!"

That's when I jumped in front of Jace earning me a kick to the ribs. I scrunched up and then Ryder seemed to have stopped, breathe halting.

He took a step back and growled under his breath, as if he was fighting with himself. "T-take him to the cells, the girl is mine to deal with" I don't think I heard the rest of his words he after Mine. It made Kya purr and a weird feeling in my stomach bubbled.

I felt his gaze on me and my head bowed in submission. "You tried to run away from me" his voice was dark and I felt him look over me.

"I-I'm sorry" he picked up at my shirt lifting me from my position making him stare at my face.

"That makes me mad. And you deserve punishment"

"What about Jace huh? What are you going to do with him"

He stopped for a moment. "Death will give him a visit" I gasped at his words and squirmed out of his grip. I stumbled back landing on my wrist again.

I hissed at the pain. "Y-your..your a monster! I hate you"

"But that is physically impossible for you to hate me and you know it" he spat back" I sensed him crouching down in front of me.

That's when I realized what I had to do. "I-I Emerald Green Future Luna of Bloodmoon pa-"

"Finish that sentence and you die"

"What do I have left to live for? My mate, my REAL mate had died in my arms. I was taken by the ruthless king who is my second chance, a monster with no feelings if he killed a child in cold blood. Tell me king! What do I have left to live for!?"

He was silent.

"I Emerald Green future Luna of Blood moon pack-" mid sentence I felt his fist connect with my head, knocking me unconscious.