Five

"I can't stand this," Justin says to Zayn over their lunch break. "I'm going to explode. Or die."

"I'm pretty sure if you exploded, you'd be dead," Zayn responds after a bite of his sandwich.

Justin glares at him. "Thanks for your concern, asshole."

Zayn rolls his eyes. "You're being ridiculous, as usual, babe."

"No, I'm not. I need to touch him or I'm going to die. That's just it. Facts of life."

Zayn shakes his head. "Well, you can't just, like, grab him by the genitals."

Justin laughs. "I know...Only a disgusting pile of shit would say or do something like that. I just. I don't know, I don't want to make him uncomfortable."

"You didn't seem worried about that in the elevator," Zayn responds dryly.

"You sure you wanna go there, handsy?"

"I was not handsy."

"You were extremely handsy."

They glare at each other for a minute in silence, Zayn knowing Justin is right, but refusing to admit it out of nothing but stubbornness. Justin gives in first, mostly because being glared at by Zayn is quite intimidating.

"What are we gonna do?" he huffs.

"We're gonna be normal humans and ask him out on a date."

"Both of us?"

"I don't know...I was thinking about that. Maybe we could see what he thought, either individually or one at a time?"

"Okay," Justin nods. He straightens his tie. "Fuck, I'm nervous!"

"Come here," Zayn says gently, gaze suddenly fond. Justin does seem nervous, he won't stop touching his hair and straightening his shirt. Justin takes a few steps closer, and Zayn cups his face in his hands, leans in so their foreheads are touching. "I love you," he reminds his husband, his thumbs stroking his cheeks gently.

Justin leans in to kiss him. "I love you, too. More, really."

"It's amusing to me that you really think that," Zayn replies. Justin just snorts and pulls back.

"Are we doing this now or waiting?"

"Waiting, I think. Doesn't really seem fair ambushing him on his lunch break," Zayn chuckles. Justin shrugs, smiling, and makes his way out into the hall to head to his own office. What he sees makes him freeze and call Zayn's name. "What? What's wrong?"

Zayn makes his way out into the hall to see a guy who works in the PR department sitting on the edge of Niall's desk and talking to him. Niall sits cross-legged, smiling a tiny bit, but he shifts away a little when the guy tries to put a hand on his thigh.

Justin makes a disgusted noise, which Zayn can only hum in agreement to. The guy puts his hand out to touch Niall's leg and he actually scooches back in his seat.

"What's his name?" Zayn asks Justin.

"Nate," Justin replies, sounding confused.

"Nate," Zayn calls, and the guy turns.

"Zayn. Don't," Justin hisses, but Zayn ignores him.

"Huh? Oh! Mr. Malik-Bieber!" Nate's cheeks flush, clearly embarrassed, and he quickly gets off Niall's desk.

"Shouldn't you be working instead of harassing my secretary?"

"Oh, I'm not -- I'm not harassing him."

"Did I ask?" Zayn's voice goes cold, hard, and out of the corner of his eye, he sees Niall gulp nervously at the sound.

"No...no, you didn't, sir...I'll go now, I'm sorry. Niall, talk to you on break?"

Niall opens his mouth to respond, but Zayn responds for him. "No, you won't. Goodbye, Nate."

Like a dog with its tail between its legs, Nate slinks out of the room.

"Hey, are you okay? Sorry for the dramatics, it looked like he was bothering you," Zayn says gently.

"H-he wasn't so bad," Niall mumbles. "He just...he just kept touching me. I d-didn't like that."

"You should've stabbed his hand with your pen," Justin tells him.

Niall manages a shy giggle. "That...that would've been mean!"

"Asshole deserved it," Justin shrugs, and Zayn rolls his eyes, though he would've liked very much for Niall to have stabbed the guy with a pen.

Niall chews on his lip, blinking up at them. "Um...d-do you guys need me to do something?" His stuttering has lessened slightly, mostly because he's not as intimidated by these men as he was yesterday morning, but it hasn't totally gone away yet.

"No, sweetheart," Justin replies softly, barely aware that he's said the pet name. Niall's cheeks immediately go redder, and he ducks his head to try and hide it.

"Hey, no need to be shy," Zayn says, smiling a little. He puts a hand out to tilt Niall's chin up, and the adorable little thing leans his cheek into Zayn's hand. And holy fuck, just then, Zayn could swear he's fallen in love. "Hypothetically, what would you say if..." he trails off.

"If?" Niall presses. His poor little gay heart is beating so hard.

"If we asked you out," Justin finishes gently.

Niall's cheeks go even pinker somehow, which Justin immediately thinks is the eighth wonder of the world. "Y-you want to ask me out? M-me?"

Justin and Zayn both nod, actually a bit nervous for what Niall's response will be.

"Oh my gosh," Niall mumbles, covering his face with both hands. But with his face covered, he nods, and Justin smiles so hard at Zayn his cheeks ache.