Ch. 5

I watch as the sales associate explains to Mya and Tate how to use the gift registry and I'm so into it. I look at Truex in awe, wondering if he thinks its as cool as I do.

"You're way too excited about this." He comments, clearly entertained. I nod wide-eyed and watch the rest of the exchange.

So, the bride and groom register for all the things they want as gifts using these scanners. Then after the wedding they get all this shit to, "start their lives together."

"I'm so getting married." I mention out loud. As Mya and Tate walk away surrounded by their friends.

"Would you two like to resister today, too?" The woman asks, I read her name tag, it says Brenda.

I don't hesitate. "Yes, please." I reply, before Truex can respond. I have to do it, when will I ever get another chance like this?

She asks us to fill out a registry form and I gladly do so. Putting our names and when were getting married. I picked August 5th hoping we don't look like we're registering too far away from our wedding date and hand it back to her. She doesn't comment as she hands us our scanners and a list of common items couples need. I can feel myself giddy with excitement when she gives me the device.

"I'll be around if you have any questions." She says, helpfully.

"Thanks, Brenda." I reply, walking away and scanning a expensive food processor. "I could make a crap load of salsa with this." Taking my imaginary registry seriously, I also scan a lava lamp (I've always wanted one) and an ab roller.

"I'm so gonna get abs, finally." I brag.

"A lava lamp?" He questions.

"You really think I could pass that up? Come on, honey. You have to help." I scold, loudly. Giving Brenda, the sales associate an affectionate smile and roll my eyes. "Men, right?" She smiles, knowingly in response.

We make our way down the bedding aisle for some reason he stops me from registering for a pink bed set. "What?" I ask, confused.

"I'm not sleeping on pink sheets." He argues.

I laugh at his disgusted look. "And why not?"

"Because its pink." He says, like his refusal should be obvious.

I arch my eyebrow and cross my arms, preparing for our first fight as a fake engaged couple. "I like it. I'm scanning it."

"No, scan the black one." He suggests.

"Last I checked, black isn't pink." I state, sarcastically.

"You wear more black than anyone I know." He points out.

"Yes, but I sleep in pink." I argue.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" Mya asks, coming around an end-cap.

I scoff. "Truex, refuses to sleep on pink sheets. He's being a real guy about it." I answer, irritated.

"I meant, what are you doing registering for gifts?" She questions, trying not to laugh.

"Oh, that. Well, it looked like fun. I guess I kinda told Brenda that Truex and I we're getting married. So, August 5th, save the month." I announce.