Chapter 8

Adam

I woke up Saturday morning with a sore throats and chills. Wait no I was hot. Wait cold again. I moaned in pain and cuddled with my stuffies under the covers.

When I rolled over my tum lurched painfully and I let out a cry. I reached for my phone and called daddy.

"Hello baby how can I help you today."
"Me sick. Pwease come over?"
"Awe poor baby Ill be right over hang tight."
"Mhh" I mumbled and hung up the phone.

I heard a knock on my bedroom door about 15 minutes later. "Come in."
Daddy walked through the door looking worried. "Hi little boy. What's wrong?"

"My tum hurt and so does my throat and Im so cold daddy." He was at my side with a grocery bag in his hand. "Take this." Daddy fed me some icky medicine and I grimaced.

"Cuddles?" He nodded and scooted into my bed. I laid my head on his shoulder and he placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Have you had anything to drink?" I shook my head and he pulled out a baby bottle of water from his bag.

I snatched it and drank happily from the bottle. When I was done I gave it to daddy and kissed his cheek. "Tank you." I rasped out.

"I think you should get some sleepys and when you wake up Ill make you soup."

I nodded and reached next to me for my paci. Daddy tucked the blankies in around me and kissed my cheek. "Night night dada."

----

When I woke up I was so hot. Daddy wasn't next to me any longer and I whined.

He walked through the door at that exact moment so I sat up and made grabby hands towards him. "Dada me feel icky."

"I know my poor baby. I have your soup ready if you're hungry." I nodded and lifted my arms towards him again.

'He looked really good today' I thought as he carried me to the kitchen. He was wearing black ripped jeans and a gray v neck shirt. 'If I wasn't sick maybe daddy and I could play'

I shook my head to clear the thoughts and laid on his shoulder. When we got to the kitchen, he set me in a chair that had a bowl of soup in front of it. "Dis is yummy daddy. Thank yous."

"Anything for my baby boy."

"Daddy I had an idea the other day."
"Tell me about it."
"I saw a cute little blankie in the store with a teddy attached! But it was for small babies. I think we should make one!"

 I think we should make one!"

"I think that's a great idea. We can get the fabric from the craft store and you can pick out whatever stuffie you want to attach to it."

I squealed and clapped my hands together.

"But for now you need more rest. We can do that when you feel better. Come on."

He carried me back to my bed and put on Finding Dory. Daddy softly rubbed my tum as a drank another (baby) bottle of water. "Go night night little prince."

And just like that I was asleep.