Wakey wakey

I was cold, ever so cold, shivering against my thin jacket and running leggings I cursed myself for the bad choice of clothing. Alaska was generally known for its cold weather, much like Forks. Forks... what a funny name. who would name a place after a piece of cutlery? Is there a knives and spoons out there somewhere as well? Can you imagine living in a place called spoons? I decided to walk up the large, snowy mountain I had somehow appeared on. Wait. Wow did I get here? I don't remember ever leaving to go to Alaska... oh well. Oh, look! I'm at the top of the mountain now. Wow, It's so beautiful... the other mountain looks like it will be fun to climb but its so far away and I'll have to climb down this one and then up that one. Maybe I can climb one of those trees instead but I don't really want to have to do that. I might get a splinter. 

Hey. Why isn't it cold anymore? It's actually quite hot now. Wow. hot, really really hot! I'm in the desert! I'm in the desert now! How did this happen? Oh, i remember! I walked here to Egypt that's it! I'm glad I did, the blistering heat is almost worth the view. The great pyramids are wayyyy bigger than I expected, maybe they have some water in them, my throat's killing me. 

Water! quick Bella run! run! why can't I run? My legs feel so weird. They're numb, maybe it's the heat... which has gone... but what's that sound, is that my alarm clock? Why have the pharos stolen my alarm... mum can turn it off, right? Yeah.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. 

Ugh mum turn off the alarm already.

Sensing no one was going to turn off the alarm I decided I would have to do it myself. I groaned lightly before snapping my eyes open as I hit something cold and hard, making a metallic sound. my eyes widened in shock as I took in my surroundings, I didn't know where I was but I knew what I was in. A hospital. My old frenemy.

What happened to Alaska? Egypt? Was it a dream? That's a weird and vivid dream.

I had been in more than enough hospitals over the years to be able to recognise one immediately and had made a criteria list.

Dreary, whitewashed walls, floors and ceiling? Check.

Strong smell of antibacterial cleanser? Check.

Ugly curtains offering no privacy? Check.

Uncomfortable, rock hard beds with tiny covers? Check.

And let's not forget, about the trillion machines hooked up to people making a constant racket. Check, check a million times check.

I continued to observe the small room which I appeared to have to myself. In one corner I could see a toilet with on of those chairs on wheels on that they pushed patients too ill to walk in. It wasn't a wheelchair but very similar. Next to the toilet was a door which I guessed lead out onto the main part of the hospital ward. My bed was pushed up against one wall with a side table on either side of it, surprisingly littered with cards and chocolates. I slowly craned my neck to get a better view, wincing in pain but continuing anyway. All the cards were of different designs but had the same message on the "Get well soon!" My only question was, who were they from?

Looking at the various machines hooked up to me I found my "alarm" was in fact a heart rate machine. Realising it was out of my reach and actually using my legs was out of the question since they still felt numb and I'm so lazy, I decided to rip off the armband, looking down at my arms I realised my right arm was in a white cast up to my elbow and my left had a bandaged on which looked like it was securing a cannula which was currently pumping some kind of drug into me. I slowly moved my left hand to take off the heart monitor while trying not to pull on the giant needle in my arm. I knew the needle wasn't big but it still grossed me out. I securely wrapped my fingers around the band on my arm before tugging it off, hearing the velcro rip before the line went dead making a painful, dull, continuous beeping sound.

Not even five seconds later my room was being swarmed with doctors and nurses who all froze once they caught sight of me. God, I know I probably look awful but they don't have to be so rude about it. I watched sceptically as they muttered to each other with wide eyes before someone rushed over and opened the curtains, allowing the bright sunlight to spill into the room. I hissed and pulled my hands up to shield myself from the light, chuckling humorlessly at the thought of how much I looked like one of those cliche vampires. The other nurses and doctors seemed to snap into action at this point as they all began whizzing around. I heard the heart monitor be turned off as I felt a tug on my arm only to see a doctor unwrapping the bandage and gently removing the cannula before sticking a small plaster over the top. Another nurse gently pushed me back down to a lying position before placing a stethoscope on my chest for a minute while writing on a clipboard before scurrying off. A third nurse handed me a cup of water which I took with a shaky hand before she reached to my face. I recoiled instantly, confused. I reached to my face only to realise I was wearing an oxygen mask. How did I not notice that? I mean they're not exactly small are they?

After hopelessly trying to get it off and failing, I allowed the nurse to take it off, giving her a small smile of thanks before I raised the cup to my lips and took a small sip. It felt foreign. The cold water going down my throat caused shivers to break out over my body making the two remaining nurses look at me with cautious eyes.

"Are you okay?" One of the nurses asked, she was a woman and looked to be in her late thirties.

I opened my mouth to reply before shutting it and rolling my tongue a few times, willing myself to talk. "Yes, I'm fine thank you. Just a bit cold." I admitted stretching my shoulders while pulling up the thin blanket.

"I sure hope your fever isn't coming back again." The male nurse said, walking up and placing his hand on my forehead.

"What do you mean fever? I don't have a fever, I'm just cold. Besides, fevers take weeks to recover from, not a couple of hours." I said, growing worried. I didn't know how my shifter healing would affect this. Could they tell I wasn't normal?

"Honey..." the female nurse said, an anxious expression painted on her face. "You've been in a coma for four months."

Dun Dun dunnmmmm and the drama isn't over mwahahahaha.
I love how I make plans for all my stories then half way through I just swerve of track like 'oh, oh well' anyway the rest of the drama is still to come but ...

QUESTION: are you happy with the B/E pairing or what?