3.

C H R I S T I N E

I was excited to work for Mathew, I would love to see the mansions and cars, and the clean neighbourhoods, the luxury life.

I've never been there before, mostly because I can't afford most of the stuff there and also because I don't have time to take road trips to the other side of the state.

I talked with Mathew about my shifts and I said I can only come late at night because I always have a late shifts and I need to care of my mother in the morning - but I never told him that- and he agreed. I kissed Jenny's cheek and waved goodbye then I jogged outside to catch the bus.

I was shocked to see the familiar black car of Mathew parked in front of me.

" Mr. McKellen told me to drive you to his house." The driver said and I nodded. I walked to the backseat, I was about to open it when the driver beat me to it.

"Thank you" I smiled.

The car was amazing, clean and shiny and it smelt super good too.

"So..what's your name?" I asked the driver.

"It's Ryan, madam" he said.

"Oh please call me Christine" I said and he nodded.

"How long have you been working for Mr. McKellen?" I asked.

"About six years." He said and I nodded. I decided to look out of the window and look at the view.

It was amazing, big houses, mansions, trees and cars were all lined up perfectly. Every house was painted a different color, with huge gardens around them and some of them had pools.

The sight was straight out of a movie. And I loved it.

The car slowed down and he cut off the engine before stepping out of the car, he opened the door for me and I thanked him.

Stunned was understandment.

The mansion was amazing, it was painted light shade of yellow, it has three storeys and it was surrounded by flowers.

"This amazing" I whispered to the driver and he grinned a little. He seems so intense, he needs to losen up a little.

I walked forward to the front door before I knocked on the door, I turned around to see Ryan next to the car. I raised an eyebrow and he just shrugged.

I gulped and hit the door bell. After a few moments the door opened.

"Hello Christine" Mathew grinned.

"Hi, Mathew" I smiled back, he moved aside to let me in.

As soon as I entered, I looked around. The place was fabulous, modern and cozy. I can't wait to see the kitchen.

I looked at my feet then up again at Mathew's handsome face.

"Should I take off my shoes?" I blushed at my stupid question.

"No, it's okay keep them" He said and I nodded.

I followed him to where I assume the kitchen is.

"You have a beautiful house." I stated.

"Thank you" He grinned back. He seemed so relaxed than the first time I saw him.

"And this is the kitchen" he said and I gasped.

"Holy cheese" My eyes widen as soon as I realised what I said, I turned to Mathew to see him chuckling silently and I relaxed a little.

"Well...have fun, I'll be back later." He said and I nodded.

"I have to embarrass myself, don't I?!" I whispered to myself after Mathew left the kitchen.

The kitchen- again as I said million times- is amazing and classy, the marble tiles are shiny and smooth. Cooking in this kitchen is like a dream come true. How could the other cook quit?

Before I drool and embarrass myself even more, I started looking around the kitchen to see where everything is.

After I've memorised their places I started preparing dinner. I have to make a big meal so it can last him a few days. Also I have to make lunches and some snacks.

Cooking has always been fun for me and for my mom as well. I used to always watch her and admire her when she cooked. The way she smiles when she chops the vegetables or when she smell the fresh cooked meal, she inspired me to take cooking classes.

Before dropping out of collage I was studying creative writing and literature and I really enjoyed it and I love writing with all of my heart but I decided to take cooking classes which made my grade drop but then I was hit with the terrible news of my mom and I had to drop everything and work to help her.

I looked at the cooked meal and smiled, it looks delicious.

"Well...you're fast" I heard a voice and I jumped slightly.

"Sorry didn't mean to scare you" Mathew said.

"It's okay" I said.

"That looks delicious" he said.

"Thank you" I blushed.

"I've prepared others meals as well for lunch and some small snacks" I said.

"If don't need anything, I'll will leave" I said.

"No, thank you " he said and I nodded.

I walked out of the kitchen and I could hear him following me.

As soon as we reached the door, he opened for me.

"Thank you very much, you literally saved my life" he said and I chuckled.

"I'm glad." I waved goodbye and walked forward to the car.

"Hello,Ryan" I greeted him with a smile and he nodded back at me. He opened the door for me and I entered the car, I took one last look at the mansion and Mathew before Ryan drove away.

There wasn't much traffic since it was midnight and arrived at the diner sooner than I accepted.

"Christine, Mr. McKellen ordered me to take you home." Ryan said and I looked at him for a second. Do I really want him to know where I live?

It would be embarrassing for me to show him my tiny house and I'm okay with walking home alone in the middle of the night.

"It's okay, Ryan I can walk home." I said.

"I'm sorry Christine but I have to talk you home and also as a gentleman I wouldn't let you walk home alone in the night." Ryan said.

"Okay" I sighed and told him the directions, after a few minutes we arrived at me house.

He helped me out of the door and I thanked then we said good nights and he drove off.

I walked into my house after struggling with lock, my mom seemed to be asleep and there no sign of Jennifer anywhere.

I went straight to bed, took off my clothes, wore my pajamas and I laid my head on the pillows. And all the cooking of today knocked me out.