24 | The Crusade

HARRY

     The time seemed to get caught on hooks. Everything completely got out of control. Seeing her all alone, making a run for her life outside with those demons of torment was slowly tearing my heart. She raised her gun, making perfect aims on their heads that marked their second deaths. She looked back on us once more, and my ears seemed deaf as a dead man’s ears. She was saying something. I looked at Louis, and he seemed to understand yet he wanted to oppose. It took me a while to finally grasp her words, as she continued to gun down the monsters surrounding us.

     “Save yourselves! I’ll lead them out, and drive away! Get out of here now!” I could finally hear her, screaming out each word for us to understand.

     This isn’t right.

     “Harry!”

      I closed down my senses and ignored my best friends’ pleas. I quickly got out of the car and made a sprint, gunning them down one at a time that tried to take her life away. She then saw me coming, her eyes were as bright as blazing stars that were illumined by the rising sun, and she was stunned to see my sudden approach.

      “Go! Go! We’ll keep them out. We’ll meet you on the other side!” I rumbled out, trying to get my best friends to understand Hannah’s plan. With no more second to waste, I held on to her hand and together we began to run, creating as much as noise as we could in order to divert their attention.

      “Hey! Hey, over here you sick fucks! It’s me who you want, right? Come on!” All of my rage was seething out of my core. After all of these days of waiting, I would do anything for this not to come to waste. This is my home. I had been waiting for this and I would not let them take these all away from me.

     At this moment, I decided to set aside the things I had learned about these Creatures. I didn't care if they had hints of life dwelling somewhere deep down in their heads, that everything we were looking at were just outcomes of a stupid medical slip-up. Louis. Niall. Hannah. They were the ones that mattered for me. I would do whatever it would take just to save them, and if I would die today, this would be the perfect place to do that.

    I let out all of infuriation through my shouts, convincing the hundreds of them to come for me. Using Mike’s shotgun, I didn't think twice to make brutal targets on their heads, seamlessly hitting them on their skulls. Countless spouts of blood came gushing upward, and I was instantly caught in the moment. I looked back on where our car was, and a feeling of concern swept on my psyche, wondering if Niall and Louis were still alive.

    Hannah and I went on with our run, simultaneously bringing them down with our bullets and blares to send them away from the boys. As my eyes scoured the streets, it was quite peculiar to find them all convened in one place, for the next boulevards were empty like nothing had caused all of these destruction. Here I was, running again. It had been some time long ago when I felt like giving up just on everything. My faith for myself and for life itself was starting to play around once more, thinking about those Creatures who had brought nothing but evil.

    “Harry, this way,” she drawled in, interrupting my sudden trance. Her hand held on tight with mine; pulling me along as her other hand was holding on a gun, firing out her last bullets before we entered a seemingly abandoned home.