Dasies for her 🌼

There was this guy that once loved a girl.

They were both ordinary, or so they both thought.

He watched her from afar, never daring to make a move.

She just had no clue.

They would often speak, but only at school.

Then one day she didn't appear in the halls, nor near the lockers, and when teachers called for attendance her name was not mentioned.

He waited for her to appear again, with that same darling smile he fell so in live with.

But weeks passed, and those weeks turned into months.

He had almost given up, when he happened to see her name on the bulletin board in the office.

He got closer to the small paper, all his eyes could see were the small letters making up the word cancer.

The school was collecting get well cards for her and her family.

He had a better idea, one that was sure to make a statement.

He showed up just outside her hospital room with a bouquet of daisies.

Her parents both have him sad smiles, and left him alone with their sick daughter.

He loosened his tie and offered the best smile he could.

She was suprised, but she managed a smile.

He could barely get past how much she's changed.

But he sat down anyways, and offered her the dasies.

Tears gathered in the corners of her eyes, and her mouth made an 'o' shape.

"I love you," he told her.

And even though she was crying, she no longer felt like she was dying inside.

For he gave her a little glimmer of hope.